Do You Regret Not Starting Finasteride Earlier?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm trying to convince my brother to start as he is NW2.5 nad thinning but he wont' listen to me

i am posting this thread to shwo him the responses.

Dakuwaqa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes an no. I personally think you usually have to lose a certain amount of hair to have to have the desire to take hormone pills. It’s a big commitment and if and usually not one you’re willing to take until you are starting to see real changes.

However I’d love to have the hair that I had even a couple of years before taking the pill. Sure it was that much thicker but it was definitely healthier looking

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I regret not starting dutasteride earlier, finasteride didn't maintain for me, which is atypical, most people should see maintenance or if very lucky regrowth.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I spent years without registering that I had hairloss for some reason. I always attributed it to my hair cut lol. Wish I started at 22 instead of 28, would be nw1 instead of 2.5 and have much thicker hair

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he is a guy who values his hair a lot, my advice would be START treatment ASAP. He'll regret it when his hair start to look unhealthy.
I have tried convincing a couple of friends that going bald can be delayed by taking this pill, and i would happily tell them what the name is. There a 2 responses to it.
1. They don't believe it works - just a scam like a lot of other hairloss products
2. They don't believe they will keep loosing hair. "It's just my hairline maturing".

I wanna help them - but it's really up to them. If they REALLY value their hair, they will look for a solution.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not starting finasteride immediately might actually be the biggest regret of my life. If I wrote a letter to my younger self it would start with, "Start popping dutasteride like candy at the first sign of hair loss".
Does dutasteride give you any sides?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I regret not starting dutasteride earlier, finasteride didn't maintain for me, which is atypical, most people should see maintenance or if very lucky regrowth.

Not starting finasteride immediately might actually be the biggest regret of my life. If I wrote a letter to my younger self it would start with, "Start popping dutasteride like candy at the first sign of hair loss".
Can you share your advice how can i switch to dutasteride from finasteride, based on your personal experience?
Finasteride doesnt do jack sh*t for me, simply didnt work. 6 months in, no results. Just extremely thin hair all over.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really good progress, but I'm also on minoxidil and microneedling. I take .5mg daily.

I kept taking my regular dose of finasteride for two weeks along with dutasteride.
i take dutasteride twice a week and finasteride 5 days.

8months total 4months 1 dutasteride + 6Fin 4 months 2duts+5fin. havent seen results and can argue loss has continued. did have a huge shed for first 6weeks but that subsided.

Michealdra

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did topical minoxidil with finasteride come out??
If i started that regime with dermastamp, lllt and supplements i could have reverse major hair loss, been in university stressed out, between jobs and some addiction now nw4..