Do You Need To Take A Diuretic With 1.25 Mg Oral Minoxidil?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks , does this dosage require a diuretic? I am doing a lot of bodybuilding and i tend to retain water, so willl it be even worse with oral min? should i take a diuretic? thankx

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 10mg daily for over a year without using a diuretic. Not a doctor but think you will be ok...

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not in oral minoxidil anymore?

had positive results on your hair?

Positive yes but was never sure what long term effect it was going to have on me so I never felt easy on it, the website I bought loniten got shut down and I wasnt able to source anymore.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
10mg put like 11lbs of water weight on me, but others don't seem to have any problems, i think you should keep the oral min at 5mg, that is what was used in the studies and showed no difference in ECG results. I think it's the safer option, i have taken as high as 20mg before but that was just desperation, 5mg is sufficient and is the optimal dosage i think.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10mg put like 11lbs of water weight on me, but others don't seem to have any problems, i think you should keep the oral min at 5mg, that is what was used in the studies and showed no difference in ECG results. I think it's the safer option, i have taken as high as 20mg before but that was just desperation, 5mg is sufficient and is the optimal dosage i think.

At what time did you notice improvements with oral minoxidil?

Iam 200 days in at 5-10mg per day and iam losing ground every day..

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think could be a better diference going from 5 to 10?? thanks
I dont honestly know, I would have thought the higher dosage the better results, I'd a friend who chewed them like gum - honestly had about 70-100mg a day of loniten and he had perfect hair, but he was on everything!

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At what time did you notice improvements with oral minoxidil?

Iam 200 days in at 5-10mg per day and iam losing ground every day..

Noticeable about a month or two in my experience. I dont know if it was related but around the same time I stopped oral minoxidil my hair loss accelerated. It could just have been the way things were going to go anyway...

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticeable about a month or two in my experience. I dont know if it was related but around the same time I stopped oral minoxidil my hair loss accelerated. It could just have been the way things were going to go anyway...

Why did you stop ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 10mg daily for over a year without using a diuretic. Not a doctor but think you will be ok...
LOL.
Really dude ? Minoxidil is an antihypertensive not longer use it cause side effects, including, water retention .

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mentioned above, couldn’t find a retailer!

Why not try drinking liquid Min? it seems like oral was working well for you. You said your hair loss accelerated once you stopped so all those hairs were dependant on oral min.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not try drinking liquid Min? it seems like oral was working well for you. You said your hair loss accelerated once you stopped so all those hairs were dependant on oral min.

I always had my temples but after I quit oral minoxidil they began to disappear.

Let me be clear, I’m in no way an expert, not saying the oral minoxidil was related to increased hair loss - it may have been the way things were going.

My hair is better than before starting oral minoxidil now as I went for FUE in the end and would highly recommend it!!