Do You Identify As A Fullhead, Or Balding Person?

tracker54

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that really pisses me off these days, is that if you're balding, you're expected to just shave it off and go on with the game. There's almost a social stigma against those wanting to conceal or fix the problem.

As soon as there's even a hint of "severe" balding (i.e NW3), people say "Just shave it off", "You don't need to hide / cover up that, just shave it off bro", etc.

It's almost as if you're a vain person, for wanting to keep your hair, or wanting to keep the appearance of having hair. Hence why so few balding men consider wearing a hair-system...you're ridiculed if it comes out. Men are simply expected to not give a sh*t about minor issues like hair, and adapt to their new hairless future.

But I have to say, it's very hard for me to swallow just that. My hair IS a huge part of me, and it's obviously something that's extremely personal to me. "Just shave it off bro" is like saying "Just chop off your hand bro" if you suddenly lose a finger or two (okay, that's a very extreme example).

I will always identify myself as a person with hair, simply because I've lived 30 years with a good amount of hair. I'm too invested in my look, ridiculous as that may sound. Bald me doesn't look anything like the "me" that I know, and always has known.

But I'm probably just rambling. I'm just so fed up with the defeatist attitude towards balding, the social stigma of taking care of your looks (as an adult male), and the fact hat people think it's easy to "just do it", when in reality things are just not that easy for many.

FWIW, I tried shaving my head a few years ago (before hairloss), and my closest people said "You look like a dick". No, not dick as in an unpleasant person, but dick as in a physical c***.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I identify myself as a full head.
It is the rest of the world that keeps on implying the opposite.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I identify myself As a half-bald, rotting corpse
Mate I legit lol IRL when I see these posts I know I shouldnt

74308234.jpg

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having never passed beyond NW2.5 when I was at my worst, it would be unfair to our chrome dome brothers for me to identify as bald. However, having been publicly mocked for balding, I can say it is a feeling that has stuck with me. Even as I continue to get regrowth, I can guess that I will continue to identify with that horrible feeling of being identified and thought of by others as a balding man. Even if I were to make it back to solid NW1 I believe I will always identify with that feeling. Maybe I will shake the anxiety one day if a cure/permanent maintenance treatment ever becomes available.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Having never passed beyond NW2.5 when I was at my worst, it would be unfair to our chrome dome brothers for me to identify as bald. However, having been publicly mocked for balding, I can say it is a feeling that has stuck with me. Even as I continue to get regrowth, I can guess that I will continue to identify with that horrible feeling of being identified and thought of by others as a balding man. Even if I were to make it back to solid NW1 I believe I will always identify with that feeling. Maybe I will shake the anxiety one day if a cure/permanent maintenance treatment ever becomes available.

How long were you on propecia before you saw regrowth?

I'm at diffuse nw2 ish and 7 months on propecia with no improvement

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long were you on propecia before you saw regrowth?

I'm at diffuse nw2 ish and 7 months on propecia with no improvement

7 months was when I first noticed improvement

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Just shave it off bro" is like saying "Just chop off your hand bro" if you suddenly lose a finger or two (okay, that's a very extreme example)

it's just limbs bro

Recedinghairgrowingbank

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes when I see a bald guy on the streets or a recedingcel I can hear a thought, almost like a whisper in my ear. It doesn't say "At least Finasteride is saving you from this fate" no it says "You're true self is a baldcel pregnant skull Dante92 protegee". Does this answer your question?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I see myself as a cyborg kept alive by finasteride and minoxidil :D.

Sort of like iron man...without the cool suit.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm bald. Point!

I'm one of the 20 -30 % with this disease arround the world.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I identify myself as a full head.
It is the rest of the world that keeps on implying the opposite.

Me to. I'm between a Norwood 3 and 2 (closer to a 3). Still growing it back.

Nobody can say I'm bald now. I used to have shitty density on top. Now it's as close to normal
as it will get.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nw2 w/some thinning, especially in front. So balding, but especially thinning (of course it's the same), best way to describe.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes when I see a bald guy on the streets or a recedingcel I can hear a thought, almost like a whisper in my ear. It doesn't say "At least Finasteride is saving you from this fate" no it says "You're true self is a baldcel pregnant skull Dante92 protegee". Does this answer your question?

Thanks, man. Hope you'll join the ranks very soon.