Do You Have A Spare Hair System As A Backup In Case Of Emergencies?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that it would be a smart idea to always have a spare hair system as a backup, just in case something happens to the only hair system you have, especially as we are so dependent upon it and it would negatively impact our lives if we suddenly weren't able to wear it for a period of time (our cover could potentially be blown, for example).

I am looking to budget for always having a spare system and store somewhere in my house. I realise this might not always be possible for a custom system, as usually we order those 2 to 3 months in advance and most people order only one at a time, but certainly I think everyone should consider having at least one spare stock system as a backup if they can afford it.

What are your thoughts on this, and who here has a backup system just in case? How do you budget for it, and do you order 2 or more systems at the same time?

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forget about having a 'spare' and consider buying 2 at a time, getting them both cut in the same and every time you refit it just swap between them. It makes the entire thing easier and you have one that you know is good to go ready. Yes it costs more at first but in theory it doubles the lifespan of the systems so it evens out.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good idea, @hair4meTomorrow.

Before, I used to be worried, when I ordered from companies located in China. Now I order from third-party distributors selling the same Chinese products for less on different mediums - eBay, Amazon, etc.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only caveat to the above is, don't buy TWO systems the first go around. If the system isn't correct (color, density, etc). you are stuck with two that don't work. Once you have gotten to the system configuration that works for you, then it makes sense to have a second.

I always have the "last one", so in case of an issue I can switch back. I just went with a larger template, so that's not possible unless I shave my head again, which I do on occasion, anyway.

In @Hair2019 's situation, I would make sure you have exactly what you need, and then when it's time to order again, get two (and you should get a discount).

Best,

Steve