Do you get your lace absolutely clean? Is this much residue okay to be left there?

Fanjeera

Reaction score

At some spots. Usually in the back where I had to do touch-ups due to a lift and add more glue in the middle of an attachment. A bit of residue left which I can't get rid of despite 2 soaks (1 longer, then scrub off as much as possible, then a shorter one) and 4 washes. I could use a water flosser or scrub even more after all of this, because immediately after washing it's fluffier and bigger and somewhat removable with quite some work. But I am not sure whether it actually affects my bond time. Does something like this look unacceptable to you? Or are tiny residue spots acceptable on an older system? Thank you!

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unacceptable. I dab cotton wool onto any residue on the lace and gently push it off, making several passes if need be.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Unacceptable. I dab cotton wool onto any residue on the lace and gently push it off, making several passes if need be.
Doesn't work for me :(. But I'm gonna try water flosser next time. That's probably strong enough.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
11 days and absolutely no lift or even the slightest doubt of a weakening bond.