Do you feel less like man with hairloss

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel that hairloss took me ability to act like strong man, be independent,sovereign, deal with things and solve problems. I have lost great portion of my man identity.

With my head shaved I feel like powerless eunuch in company of fullheads.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Ah another child of Samson. I thought you looked/sounded familiar.
Welcome to the family reunion. :)
Btw FWIW, while along the way,
should you happen to run into DHT Delilah, you have our consent to kill her.

Sorry to meet another accursed member.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I feel like hairloss forced me to man up, Noone likes a bald pussy. At the same time Im generally sensitive and as I'm balding more I've realized there's no room for thay when you're bald it just doesn't look as cute as a man with hair.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Throughout my young adult life, it was like I never gave a f*ck what people thought, at least in terms of my appearance. Balding quickly makes you care again. So, there's that. I am sure once I shave completely bald, I will dress much much nicer, take better care of my skin and teeth, get totally ripped again and eat ridiculously healthy again. So, yes these things would be happening because I am self conscience, BUT they would make me feel like the man I once was again, hopefully. It's undeniable, that if you don't let balding break you, then you gain a LOT from it, no doubt.

blackg

Reaction score
I feel like hairloss forced me to man up, Noone likes a bald pussy. At the same time Im generally sensitive and as I'm balding more I've realized there's no room for thay when you're bald it just doesn't look as cute as a man with hair.
Hahaha.. Yeah. No one does like a bald pussy. But, no one really cares for a bald "alpha" either. We're screwed both ways, ya know.
The sidelines is where we play. It's where they want us. Let's not delude ourselves, boys.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
For a moment, I thought you guys were talking about actual bald pussies lol

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've said it before, even though baldness is a uniquely male trait, it actually makes you look more weaker and more timid, and just less virile somehow.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you feel less like man with hairloss

This is a question for fullheads, not us. And we already know how they feel about bald men.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you mean less of a man in terms of self-esteem, approach to life, complete and well rounded/balanced as a person, then yes it makes me feel like less of a man. If you mean in terms of gender roles, as in, being less masculine and more effeminate, no, baldness is associated with males, and while some females are unfortunate, it's still mainly a male thing, so at the very least it shouldn't make someone feel like less of a man, just, the same as any other man.

I remember that guys youtube video from that lengthy thread "Great video for every guy who's losing hair" or something, when he said "baldness is a sign of being a man, it's maturing, girls know they're no longer dealing with a boy" I mean OK I guess he's scrambled some sort of point together but LOL for thinking that's a major positive, or in any way significant enough for women to look positively on baldness.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I remember that guys youtube video from that lengthy thread "Great video for every guy who's losing hair" or something, when he said "baldness is a sign of being a man, it's maturing, girls know they're no longer dealing with a boy" I mean OK I guess he's scrambled some sort of point together but LOL for thinking that's a major positive, or in any way significant enough for women to look positively on baldness.

I believe that as a positive guy who was succesful with women regardless, this was his way of not letting a bit of hair loss affect his confidence. And despite the fact that society truly does discriminate against baldness a bit and on the whole women will see it as a negative, i actually think he makes a good point. There are theories which suggest that male pattern baldness did exist as a status/maturity thing and wasn't always seen as unattractive. If it weren't for all the BS in the media, celebrities wearing concealer, wigs etc etc it would be seen a lot less unfavourably by society.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel that hairloss took me ability to act like strong man, be independent,sovereign, deal with things and solve problems. I have lost great portion of my man identity.

I bet I would look tough with a shaved head... it's not the balding itself that makes me feel like less of a man, it's the inability to deal with it, "like a man"... if you understand what I mean. I don't agree at all that just shaving it and giving up is "being a man", don't get me wrong. But, instilled deep within all of us men, is that feeling. The feeling that when you have any problem you just deal with it. You "man up". My family doesn't understand. Girls I date aren't sympathetic about it at all. I just stopped talking to every one about it, because it's frustrating as f*ck. i think that's why a LOT of us are on here. We can talk openly. We can reveal our emotions, with only a small chance of backlash, or ignorance.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that as a positive guy who was succesful with women regardless, this was his way of not letting a bit of hair loss affect his confidence. And despite the fact that society truly does discriminate against baldness a bit and on the whole women will see it as a negative, i actually think he makes a good point. There are theories which suggest that male pattern baldness did exist as a status/maturity thing and wasn't always seen as unattractive. If it weren't for all the BS in the media, celebrities wearing concealer, wigs etc etc it would be seen a lot less unfavourably by society.

Yeah he does have a point in a way, sure, but for me trying to buy into that as a positive is just so far-fetched that it's like a kick in the balls trying to take that positive out of a ****ty situation. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, women aren't looking at bald guys and getting moist thinking "wow he's so mature!" I mean c'mon. It's like an obese guy thinking that being described as "cuddly" is a good thing and gives him an advantage, it's so silly.

There are indeed theories out there about baldness in the past being a sign of wisdom, authority, etc. but that was the past, when men were mainly encouraged to only provide, be strong and wise, impregnate his wife and have the means to look after the household. Aesthetics were not significant for a male, now it's different. Let's just face it, if baldness was in any way a positive thing, we'd all be shaving our heads or looking at hair removal procedures. It's not society, it's not the media and celebrities, it just simply looks worse than how hair frames a face, I also think it can make a face chubbier looking and give a worse side profile view.

Sure, maybe media doesn't help, but I don't think it makes a significant difference. Vainy, bumpy, shiny heads will always look unusual and bad, the only saving grace is that there's just enough bald guys out there that it's "normal" in a way, and not a shock to see, but that's pretty much it as far as positives go.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Yeah he does have a point in a way, sure, but for me trying to buy into that as a positive is just so far-fetched that it's like a kick in the balls trying to take that positive out of a ****ty situation. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, women aren't looking at bald guys and getting moist thinking "wow he's so mature!" I mean c'mon. It's like an obese guy thinking that being described as "cuddly" is a good thing and gives him an advantage, it's so silly.

There are indeed theories out there about baldness in the past being a sign of wisdom, authority, etc. but that was the past, when men were mainly encouraged to only provide, be strong and wise, impregnate his wife and have the means to look after the household. Aesthetics were not significant for a male, now it's different. Let's just face it, if baldness was in any way a positive thing, we'd all be shaving our heads or looking at hair removal procedures. It's not society, it's not the media and celebrities, it just simply looks worse than how hair frames a face, I also think it can make a face chubbier looking and give a worse side profile view.

Sure, maybe media doesn't help, but I don't think it makes a significant difference. Vainy, bumpy, shiny heads will always look unusual and bad, the only saving grace is that there's just enough bald guys out there that it's "normal" in a way, and not a shock to see, but that's pretty much it as far as positives go.

I disagree about the extent that baldness looks worse. For me it is largely the media's obsession with youth which make it seen as a negative by society. All the framing the face stuff...i disagree...my perception is that having that 'frame' makes someone look boyish and not necessarily better. Like when i read that other thread about baldness making people less masculine... i see it is as quite a masculine thing. A see a guy with a bald or shaved head as more masculine that say a guy like justin bieber or a typical male model with NW0 hair.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK well, we'll never agree on that, and I think 99% of people on here won't agree with it, which is why we're here (sorry to sound like cocohot).

I'm watching an awful film right now starring Pierce Brosnan and Gerard Butler, both handsome guys, and I just imagined both of them with horse shoes, and I can practically guarantee they would not look better. I don't think that has anything to do with what the media tells us, now that we're in a world where male aesthetics matters, and has done for a long time, baldness simply looks worse. To boil it down, large foreheads aren't an attractive feature on anyone, even people who think Rihanna is a beautiful woman will admit the big forehead is a negative. Now, what about not only a large forehead, but one that runs to the back of the crown? Really not a good look. Even a guy with a normal forehead instantly gives the impression of it being massive, it simply doesn't look right.

To compare with Bieber well, if you want to use an example of a particularly boyish looking kid with hair then fine, but actually he'd look 10 times worse as a bald kid with a boyish face. That's even more confusing to the superficial mind.

But fine, it's your personal opinion that it doesn't look worse, I'm sorry though but in reality for the vast majority of women, and men, out in the world, it looks worse, it looks un-natural and even unhealthy. As I said before, if it actually did look better in the eyes of any significant amount of people, with all the weird procedures that are out there in the world, hair removal for the top of the head would exist, but it doesn't.

I've also said before in the past that the media definitely doesn't help, baldness is synonymous with being a "loser", and we see this in comedies etc. all the time. But it's hard to know if this is a result of the media, or the media playing on what people actually think and building on it, I happen to think it's the latter. It's a chicken-egg paradox, and I think the egg came first (little joke there at everyone's expense!)

- - - Updated - - -

OK so I did just look up hair removal for the top of the head, and admittedly I didn't do a LOT of digging, but the only people who want it are those who have lost most of their hair already, and are getting sick of shaving the wisps that remain. I haven't seen anyone who actually wants to be bald. I think that speaks volumes.

On SlyBaldGuys there are plenty of people who are "BBC" (bald by choice) and I gotta say, a lot of them I don't even believe. Particularly those who say "I was BBC and then nature took it's course anyway and spared me from having to shave the extra part on top!" OK, sure bro. I'm sure you never saw it coming. You just decided to start shaving your head out of the blue, removing a part of your facial aesthetics that had been with you your entire life, just for the hell of it. OK, bro.

Also I tried to rep you jd but apparently I already have. Reason I'm repping is because I may not agree with your views, but I respect the fact you have no problem going against the grain on here because it's what you believe and I trust that you do actually believe it. It's refreshing when we have others who are deliberately negative in an attempt to "keep it real" to fit in and look smarter.

But that being said I do also believe that coco and Fred aren't one of these types, they genuinely believe what they're writing, but are just overly depressed and deluded about it, impacting the bias they have.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

To be honest, hair loss has made me feel more like a man xD

jd_uk

Reaction score
OK well, we'll never agree on that, and I think 99% of people on here won't agree with it, which is why we're here (sorry to sound like cocohot).

I'm watching an awful film right now starring Pierce Brosnan and Gerard Butler, both handsome guys, and I just imagined both of them with horse shoes, and I can practically guarantee they would not look better. I don't think that has anything to do with what the media tells us, now that we're in a world where male aesthetics matters, and has done for a long time, baldness simply looks worse. To boil it down, large foreheads aren't an attractive feature on anyone, even people who think Rihanna is a beautiful woman will admit the big forehead is a negative. Now, what about not only a large forehead, but one that runs to the back of the crown? Really not a good look. Even a guy with a normal forehead instantly gives the impression of it being massive, it simply doesn't look right.

To compare with Bieber well, if you want to use an example of a particularly boyish looking kid with hair then fine, but actually he'd look 10 times worse as a bald kid with a boyish face. That's even more confusing to the superficial mind.

But fine, it's your personal opinion that it doesn't look worse, I'm sorry though but in reality for the vast majority of women, and men, out in the world, it looks worse, it looks un-natural and even unhealthy. As I said before, if it actually did look better in the eyes of any significant amount of people, with all the weird procedures that are out there in the world, hair removal for the top of the head would exist, but it doesn't.

I've also said before in the past that the media definitely doesn't help, baldness is synonymous with being a "loser", and we see this in comedies etc. all the time. But it's hard to know if this is a result of the media, or the media playing on what people actually think and building on it, I happen to think it's the latter. It's a chicken-egg paradox, and I think the egg came first (little joke there at everyone's expense!)

- - - Updated - - -

OK so I did just look up hair removal for the top of the head, and admittedly I didn't do a LOT of digging, but the only people who want it are those who have lost most of their hair already, and are getting sick of shaving the wisps that remain. I haven't seen anyone who actually wants to be bald. I think that speaks volumes.

On SlyBaldGuys there are plenty of people who are "BBC" (bald by choice) and I gotta say, a lot of them I don't even believe. Particularly those who say "I was BBC and then nature took it's course anyway and spared me from having to shave the extra part on top!" OK, sure bro. I'm sure you never saw it coming. You just decided to start shaving your head out of the blue, removing a part of your facial aesthetics that had been with you your entire life, just for the hell of it. OK, bro.

Also I tried to rep you jd but apparently I already have. Reason I'm repping is because I may not agree with your views, but I respect the fact you have no problem going against the grain on here because it's what you believe and I trust that you do actually believe it. It's refreshing when we have others who are deliberately negative in an attempt to "keep it real" to fit in and look smarter.

But that being said I do also believe that coco and Fred aren't one of these types, they genuinely believe what they're writing, but are just overly depressed and deluded about it, impacting the bias they have.

I get what you're saying and i'm not completely deluded into thinking baldness is some amazingly lucky thing. Personally I would much rather not have the genetics for hair loss, simply because I've had to go through all the typical anxieties of 'what would i look like when it's gone' etc at a difficult point in life. i wouldn't ever have found my way here if I was just fine with baldness. When i say I disagree, i just mean that i think it's not anywhere near as 'bad' a thing as probably most guys here. When I see a bald guy, i very rarely (if ever) think it looks terrible and I never think it looks less masculine. The guys i think look less masculine do tend to be the ones with the juvenile/perfect hairlines. The only times see a balding guy and think it looks bad is when it is patchy/he hasn't changed his haircut to account for it. My personal issue with baldness and how it impacts on my appearance is that I don't want to have the bald spot at the back, with long hair everywhere else, or the strip in the middle of my forehead. It is why i shave my head. Despite the fact that people do make stupid assumptions about your personality when you shave your head, I feel a lot better with it neat, tidy and in my control. Believe it or not I often look at the NW6 guys with envy because I think it looks tidier.

With regards to those celebrities you mentioned, i think it's hard to genuinely imagine anyone who had hair without it for the first time. Those bald photo apps tend to do a rubbish job and I think in our minds it will probably always look worse when we first see a change in someone, but then when we get used to how they look without hair then it's not long before we warm to it. I would't mind betting Gerard Butler would look pretty good bald as he is quite a macho guy. Brosnan maybe not so much but I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, hair loss has made me feel more like a man xD

So easy for me to say but try to keep reminding yourself that there is so much more to being an attractive woman than having 'nice' hair.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This thread have most delusions I ever can believe...
Everyone is going in wrong directions...

Hairloss kills people chances to find the girl you like the most...
For young men before marriage..

To consider hairloss in married settle men is like being an idiot ..

People who give young average man before marriage to be like Movie star(Jason statham,and all)
Is like insulting the struggle of that young man who have lost to much of a life because of hairloss..

Yound girls want young man...
There is no such thing like how you pull off bald look in many many young women's dictionary...

I believe many people here do not have female friendship...

Otherwise they would not have spoken like this ..

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score