Do You Ever Think We Won't Get Results As The Patients In Trials Get?

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far we have the results of Replicel and they said someone had regrowth of 20 something% which sounds very nice, but are we taking into consideration that before starting trials they exclude people who've used minoxidil, finasteride and other topical products within 6 months to one year so they'd be able to clearly evaluate the effect of their product?

Most of us who lurk here are using many growth stimulants and anti-androgens as Minoxidil, finasteride, Duta, RU, CB, Setipiprant, Spironolactone etc. and I think they give effects and regrow hairs from follicles that are still viable to an extent and haven't gone completely dormant and still produce terminal hairs even if they've miniaturized greatly, so assuming that whatever we are using are activating a big portion of our viable follicles, then treatments we use on top of our existing treatments won't yield similar results as the ones in the trials unless it has great effects over follicles that are already dormant and only produce peach fuzzy hairs.

I don't have sources for what I just suggested but the thought just hit me because I am counting days until any treatment is released because I am sick for hair loss, but some hopelessness has managed to sneak in and I think that for us we need something that regrows like 30-40% in the trials for us to see something that is cosmetically significant, any thoughts?

H

Reaction score
So far we have the results of Replicel and they said someone had regrowth of 20 something% which sounds very nice, but are we taking into consideration that before starting trials they exclude people who've used minoxidil, finasteride and other topical products within 6 months to one year so they'd be able to clearly evaluate the effect of their product?

Most of us who lurk here are using many growth stimulants and anti-androgens as Minoxidil, finasteride, Duta, RU, CB, Setipiprant, Spironolactone etc. and I think they give effects and regrow hairs from follicles that are still viable to an extent and haven't gone completely dormant and still produce terminal hairs even if they've miniaturized greatly, so assuming that whatever we are using are activating a big portion of our viable follicles, then treatments we use on top of our existing treatments won't yield similar results as the ones in the trials unless it has great effects over follicles that are already dormant and only produce peach fuzzy hairs.

I don't have sources for what I just suggested but the thought just hit me because I am counting days until any treatment is released because I am sick for hair loss, but some hopelessness has managed to sneak in and I think that for us we need something that regrows like 30-40% in the trials for us to see something that is cosmetically significant, any thoughts?
Where's this 20%?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I wouldn't be banking on RepliCel for tons of regrowth given that even on their social media, they specifically said it's not a cure but rather migrates cells from hair immune to the condition to affected hair for "regrowth of vibrant hair in dormant follicles is what we've seen and is the goal".

Though to be fair, info from years before the data readout definitely suggested it being a cure; they even said in a press release "Shiseido to trial baldness 'cure'". Sooo....

Anyway, Follica is the nearest hope for cosmetically significant regrowth.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't be banking on RepliCel for tons of regrowth given that even on their social media, they specifically said it's not a cure but rather migrates cells from hair immune to the condition to affected hair for "regrowth of vibrant hair in dormant follicles is what we've seen and is the goal".

Though to be fair, info from years before the data readout definitely suggested it being a cure; they even said in a press release "Shiseido to trial baldness 'cure'". Sooo....

Anyway, Follica is the nearest hope for cosmetically significant regrowth.

Do you think this means hair that minoxidil has woken up and turned into visible, dark vellus hairs?

Basically any hair that is not totally dead?

H

Reaction score
Do you think this means hair that minoxidil has woken up and turned into visible, dark vellus hairs?

Basically any hair that is not totally dead?
I wouldn't think so because the follicle stays alive to my knowledge for a time after it's been miniaturized to the point where the hair is not visible at all anymore. The follicle hasn't disappeared completely its just the hair shaft cannot clear the epidermis to be be seen. If Replicel completely healed the mechanism for healthy follicle regeneration in all hair not totally dead this would be a complete cure male pattern baldness reversal fir the majority of at least the young afflicted and from the data this appears not to be happening.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so because the follicle stays alive to my knowledge for a time after it's been miniaturized to the point where the hair is not visible at all anymore. The follicle hasn't disappeared completely its just the hair shaft cannot clear the epidermis to be be seen. If Replicel completely healed the mechanism for healthy follicle regeneration in all hair not totally dead this would be a complete cure male pattern baldness reversal fir the majority of at least the young afflicted and from the data this appears not to be happening.
Wasn't replicel, based from their video, even alking about generating totally new hair follicles with heir treatment?
First step is what I call "nourishing stabilizing" thin and nearly lost hair and second step would be generating totally new hair in bald spots and healthy skin?

H

Reaction score
Wasn't replicel, based from their video, even alking about generating totally new hair follicles with heir treatment?
First step is what I call "nourishing stabilizing" thin and nearly lost hair and second step would be generating totally new hair in bald spots and healthy skin?
At the time that video came out Replicel was making some pretty hefty claims. That video and the effect it showed was a pretty bold in itself with the man completely curing his horseshoe. The free floating injected dermal sheath cup cells they inject may very well be able to organize and create new follicles but from their progress so far it's not the regrowth they portrayed when they were putting this therapy in the spotlight initially.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the time that video came out Replicel was making some pretty hefty claims. That video and the effect it showed was a pretty bold in itself with the man completely curing his horseshoe. The free floating injected dermal sheath cup cells they inject may very well be able to organize and create new follicles but from their progress so far it's not the regrowth they portrayed when they were putting this therapy in the spotlight initially.
So basically Replicel is just working at something like a better minoxidil or finasteride without side effects at the moment? Regrowth won't really happen?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if someone is still in the initial stages of alopecia, a Norwood 1, wouldn't it be a cure for him?

H

Reaction score
So if someone is still in the initial stages of alopecia, a Norwood 1, wouldn't it be a cure for him?
Everything I say is subjective I just want to remind you I'm not like there in the labs with them lol but from the data in my opinion if you like being a Norwood 1 yes it'll keep you there at least five years since that's how long the trial was. It did show regrowth but that was subjective also some reacted better then others. Will it get you back to Norwood 0 and return a receding hairline to full density natural hairline? Right now I would say no.

H

Reaction score
So basically Replicel is just working at something like a better minoxidil or finasteride without side effects at the moment? Regrowth won't really happen?
From the looks of it right now yes it'll keep your hair the way it is with a couple added bonuses. First, it'll be applied way less often then taking a pill everyday or applying topical daily like those 2 drugs and 2nd minoxidil and finasteride have a habit of losing efficacy as the years go on this may not do that this may last 5 years or maybe 10. You might have to up the dosage of cells as time goes on to keep it flux no one knows. In my opinion now that they know for the most part it stops hair loss and provides some luck with regrowth they will research more into what environmental factors in the skin initiate the organization of these cups cells to produce brand new follicles instead of them being spread to existing follicles as field medics.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the looks of it right now yes it'll keep your hair the way it is with a couple added bonuses. First, it'll be applied way less often then taking a pill everyday or applying topical daily like those 2 drugs and 2nd minoxidil and finasteride have a habit of losing efficacy as the years go on this may not do that this may last 5 years or maybe 10. You might have to up the dosage of cells as time goes on to keep it flux no one knows. In my opinion now that they know for the most part it stops hair loss and provides some luck with regrowth they will research more into what environmental factors in the skin initiate the organization of these cups cells to produce brand new follicles instead of them being spread to existing follicles as field medics.
So they probably bring a Replicel "light" to the market and will maybe refine their formula or add something in the future to fulfill the promises they made at the beginning

H

Reaction score
So they probably bring a Replicel "light" to the market and will maybe refine their formula or add something in the future to fulfill the promises they made at the beginning
Yes that would my personal guess it would be the same strategy hairline has in mind.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that would my personal guess it would be the same strategy hairline has in mind.
So many promises, tech and cell therapy and in the end it would be just like a Brotzu lotion. (İf Brotzu would really work like he promises) Hope Shiseido will make it better somehow

H

Reaction score
So many promises, tech and cell therapy and in the end it would be just like a Brotzu lotion. (İf Brotzu would really work like he promises) Hope Shiseido will make it better somehow
The difference with replicel being they are doing trials and have a company. Brotzu on the other hand is to me a fairy tale about a guy named Brotzu who made a serum for hair loss that was like right on the edge of coming out and was so super duper awesome the cosmic balance was disrupted it evaporated and all the reliability in the words and testimonies of its creator Dr. Frankenbrotz poof gone.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where's this 20%?
Replicel released results of their 5 year trial and the best responder got 20% or more of regrowth, but others got around 15% and the regrowth decreased by the end of the 5 years anyway

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know guys but since we're tackling hair loss from many angles and we've awoken many follicles that were kind of going dormant or producing tiny hairs, I don't think that this treatment will give us the same results as trial participants because they started the treatment alone without anything added, for all I know this treatment might have regrown hairs that would've been regrown by minoxidil too if the participants were using minoxidil, but that's just a hypothesis of course. I'm just trying to make a point that there's a great chance we might not see the same results, but maybe the RCH-01 can wean us off of minoxidil, even if there's no extra regrowth it'd be amazing to stop taking pills and applying minoxidil every day

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I saw that video too, yes, the video showed brand new hair follicles being formed. So I don't think it's a stretch to think RCH-01 will thicken and fully bring back vellus hairs.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So for what hair is this? Basically thick terminal hair?

If this is not for bald areas or at the very least visible dark colored vellus hairs, I don't see how it's going to catch the attention.

So it's pretty much for NW1-3's at worst, who want to stop hair loss and have some kind of hair transplant in the future?

H

Reaction score
So for what hair is this? Basically thick terminal hair?

If this is not for bald areas or at the very least visible dark colored vellus hairs, I don't see how it's going to catch the attention.

So it's pretty much for NW1-3's at worst, who want to stop hair loss and have some kind of hair transplant in the future?
The way I see it yes.