Do you count the hair strands that you lose everyday?

Cypocalypse

Reaction score
I mean, those strands that are on you pillow when you wake up and those strands that are on your hand when you shampoo you hair?

It gives me stress all the time. I know that I should avoid stress if I want to maintain my hair, but I just can't help it if I see 3,4 or 5 strands on my pillow when I wake up, then there's another 2,3, or 4 strands when I shampoo my hair.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair falls out all the time. A healthy head of hair can shed 100 a day and never thin out. Its not the hair falling out thats the problem! Its the hair not growing back.

bombscience

Reaction score
Unfortunatly, I do count, just my obsessive nature. I really don't worry about how many fall out, just the quality of the hairs that do. I notice the hairs that thin towards the root and then I panic. 3-4-5 hairs is really not that bad. I've taken showers at times and lost over 30 hairs. :freaked2:

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I am way past that stage. Eventually, all that really matters is what the hell is left on your head. :)

Nomad

G

Stingray said:

Me either. I do the sink test. When I style my hair in the AM I notice how many are in there. Having said that , what the hell do I do with this info?

:lol:

Ireallyhatethis

Reaction score
Honestly, I count them, all the time, I'm starting to not notice the hairs on the pillow which is good. When I first started propecia there would be like 30 when I woke up, 40 in the shower, and then 30 just sporadically throughout the day. So you have to figure there was more then a 100, I couldn't caught all of them lol. So yeah my fallout with Propecia was the reason I used to count. I still count in the shower, the other day it was like 14, and today it was like 25, so I'm guessing it's the shedding of the Rogaine that they say lasts 2 weeks, So I'm not too worried. But to answer your question, yes I count them as well, we can have OCD together lol, see ya

G

Ireallyhatethis said:
Honestly, I count them, all the time, I'm starting to not notice the hairs on the pillow which is good. When I first started propecia there would be like 30 when I woke up, 40 in the shower, and then 30 just sporadically throughout the day. So you have to figure there was more then a 100, I couldn't caught all of them lol. So yeah my fallout with Propecia was the reason I used to count. I still count in the shower, the other day it was like 14, and today it was like 25, so I'm guessing it's the shedding of the Rogaine that they say lasts 2 weeks, So I'm not too worried. But to answer your question, yes I count them as well, we can have OCD together lol, see ya

Suggest another hobbey. The newbie who takes steroids will introduce you to BBuilding.

Good luck on the shed. NANO shampooo MAY help.

:laugh: