Do you believe guys who say they don't care about losing their hair?

chrb

Reaction score
You know the type I mean. Those who say they started losing their hair at a certain age and just shaved it off and didn't give it a second thought. I'm guessing a lot of these guys starting losing it before propecia was available and simply had to 'accept it'. I just can't picture how you start losing your hair and it doesn't bother you even a little bit.

I mean you've had hair since childhood and then it starts going and you're not even a little bit phased when you start losing it? That surprises me and I wish I could have the attitude but I just don't believe it. I think that some guys are just forced to accept that they're going to go bald and want to try to force every other guy who's losing their hair into the same point of view. Whether that's that's because of jealousy, empathy etc I don't know.

I know there are guys who look cool with bald heads i.e vin diesel, bruce willis, samuel l jackson etc. but the truth is I doubt any of these guys wanted to lose their hair. Also the fact that they happen to be super rich, charismatic, famous movie stars might have a tiny bit to do with it.

Just a thought :)

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
No

- - - Updated - - -

And it really irritates me when blog, and news, sites trot out the same cast of celebrity baldies to illustrate just how successful you can be without hair. Ignoring that they are celebrities, and that their facial features, height, build, etc. lend themselves to that particular look, and you may not.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
No.
Yes people deal with it differently, depending of age of onset, severity of baldness, personality traits etc.
A 50 year old man happily married might care less than someone in their twenties and possibly single, but that does not mean they don't care at all.
It is (sadly) socially acceptable to make jokes about balding men, and although a lot probably try to force a smile when being joked about, I think deep down it hurts.
No one actually WANTS to be bald. Yes there are people who live a great life while being bald, but if you asked them if they want their hair back 100% would have said yes.
Everyone who lose hair cares. Some less than others, but still.
I am one of those who would give about anything to have healthy follicles and a full head of hair again. It's a constant world of worry and disappointment...

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No.

I was willing to accept hair loss back when I was 14-15 years old and said i'd just shave it off like Stone Cold Steve Austin, one of my favorite childhood "heroes". When it actually happened I was singing a different tune. As you can see, i'm on a hair loss forum.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. male pattern baldness doesn't have any viable treatments.

I guess if you're stupid enough to risk your health for some hair then you might be in luck.

Most guys understand that this is one of those things you cant do anything about, so they push themselves to move on.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. male pattern baldness doesn't have any viable treatments.

I guess if you're stupid enough to risk your health for some hair then you might be in luck.

Most guys understand that this is one of those things you cant do anything about, so they push themselves to move on.

It sux though :sad:. Dat feel of not having control over male pattern baldness.