Do you all not care about your beards?

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

it seems that MANY people, and probably most on these forums, are young. We haven’t even settled down and we’re already balding. I personally didn’t know it was possible to go bald that young.
So I wonder - why does no one on any hair loss forums seem to care about their beard development (development of new hairs)? You’d think we’d be trying to find solutions that don’t negatively affect things like this. I am 23 and my beard is still developing. All of the people starting finasteride at 18 or 21 are going to end up beardless, and probably bald once they reach elderly age anyway. No one warns of this either. I’m amazed that nobody cares. Thoughts?

bhwbj

Reaction score
Its a real concern. My hairline srarted receding at 19. I started finasteride at around 21. I am now 40 and have virtually no facial hair. I am the only man in my family without facial hair. On the other hand, ive kept just about all of my head hair.....still, no facial hair is a tough pill to swallow

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a real concern. My hairline srarted receding at 19. I started finasteride at around 21. I am now 40 and have virtually no facial hair. I am the only man in my family without facial hair. On the other hand, ive kept just about all of my head hair.....still, no facial hair is a tough pill to swallow
Yeah exactly! I feel like this info is something to let people know about. I can’t swallow that pill. But every time I look in the mirror and see my hair I think “I gotta do something”. I’m gonna try PRP and microneedling. I don’t want to use minoxidil because that only lasts a couple years before the androgens win. I’d be okay with going bald as long as I can find the right woman beforehand. I’d tell her I’m gonna be bald but I feel like she wouldn’t give me a chance if I was already bald or had a baaad hairline.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably because a full head clean shaved guy looks better than a bald guy with a massive beard of compensation.
I’ve had a beard since I could grow one, now I’m losing my hair and still haven’t finished beard developing. Hopefully people don’t think I’m compensating.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because men that are men have full beards at 21. No further development needed.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride at 19 with no beard. I am now 25 with a full beard and I have kept my hair.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't. I prefer my face without beard, I look younger. It grows very slowly, It looks pathetic. I never grown a Full beard. I admit that once It grows for some time It does look kinda good, but not better than clean shaven. But the last time I grew It my temples were a little better. If I grow It know I'll look like a 40 year old man.

Hair >>>>>>> beard

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just look scruffy with a beard, ages me 10 years too, much prefer to be clean shaven with hair than bald and overcompensating with a horrible beard. I don't mean to offend guys that don't have a choice though, some can pull it off, just not for me personally.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It slowed down my facial hair growth significantly but it's still slowly working its way in just very slowly