Do Peoples Sleep Habits Have Anything To Do With Hairloss? (male Pattern Baldness)

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if sleep habits have anything to do with hair loss? I recently (well, over the past month or so) noticed that all of my friends who have like norwood-1's are be basically out cold by 10 PM while a lot of my friends with hairloss (male pattern baldness) tend to be "night owls" and can stay up till like 1 or 2 AM even when they have work the next day (and of course they complain about being tired all day). Is there any correlation between hairloss and sleep habits or is it completely unrelated?

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if sleep habits have anything to do with hair loss? I recently (well, over the past month or so) noticed that all of my friends who have like norwood-1's are be basically out cold by 10 PM while a lot of my friends with hairloss (male pattern baldness) tend to be "night owls" and can stay up till like 1 or 2 AM even when they have work the next day (and of course they complain about being tired all day). Is there any correlation between hairloss and sleep habits or is it completely unrelated?
Obviously not the main issue, but it certainly doesn’t help. It could potentially accelerate the balding process or initiate it if you’re prone. Most sleep related hair loss’s temporary.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is just an observation, but i stay up all night. 2 am bedtime would be early for me. I have noticed that if am up till after 5am for consecutive days my hair does seem worse and i tend to shed more. Loss seems to increase.
I sleep in, so its not like im functioning off minimal sleep, but the very late nights do seem to have a negative effect. I've wondered this for a long time but always kind of thought it was in my head.
Maybe for some reason we are programmed to use those early morning hours for reparative sleep. Perhaps sleeping at different times of the day doesnt provide the same effect? Pure speculation on my part.