Do I use 2% or 5% minoxidil?

Dahger01

Reaction score
Hi, I have some questions regarding minoxidil. should i start off with the 2 percent or 5 percent? I have started using the 5 percent and read somewhere that i should start with the 2 percent and save the 5 percent for later down the road......is it necessary for me to change to the 2 percent? and i feel that after applying minoxidil....my hair look even worse right after application.....scalp is clearly visible......does anyone have the same problem? and i've been applying it to my whole head once a day at night.....and it usually takes me 2 doses to get enough application around my whole scalp....am i using to much?

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
depends on the scale of hairloss at the moment. i would advise using the smallest dose of any treatment as a start. use the 2% and keep using it till you feel you need a higher dose. then switch to 5%.

Dahger01

Reaction score
minoxidil

I forgot to ask....it says that once you stop using rogaine you will lose all your hair regrowth. Once stopping....i should only lose the regrowth right? Or does using minoxidil put you in danger of losing the regrowth and additional hairs you originally had before using minoxidil?

dazzer1970

Reaction score
Personally - I use the 5%.

Yeah it does get a bit messy, but I have a short cut so it's not too much of a hassle for me.

Give the 5% a go - not much to lose really!

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
upon stopping minoxidil you shall lose all the benefits you gained from it. it doesnt mean you'll lose other hair, but your male pattern baldness will progress and you might lose those as well.

in regards to your pm, i tried one bottle of minoxidil right in the beginning of my treatment, but it was too much of a hassle and it made my hair too greasy...didnt want a lifelong commitment so i just stuck to my multivits, nizoral and finasteride.

i have heard of some quick drying minoxidil by Dr. Lee , but i havent tried it.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a fully paid up member of the shrill club - Dr Lee's Product 500 is quick drying and a lot less 'Messy'(http://www.Xandrox.com)

If you quit minoxidil it is likely you will initially lose more hair than you had gained then after a few months the situation should settle to you having the amount of hair you would have had if you had not used minoxidil.

(see the yellow dotted line in the graph below)

Click >> http://img12.exs.cx/img12/3158/MINOXPAUSE.gif

Ty

P.S 2% is for queers