Do I Really Have Genetic Hair Loss? My Hairloss Daily Recording Inside.

wintop6211

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short story on myself, my first hair loss started at the last summer, it doesn't have any pattern which means it is all over the scalp(With miniaturization), my dermatologist putted me on finasteride(1.25mg/day)+ Minoxidil. One month later, my hair became significantly thicker, and I barely loss even 10 hairs a day, even my hair dresser told me about that. About 10 months later, even my mature hairline got reversed(Got it since high school, long before I lost any hair), my hairline right now is actually started to rounding at temple. Although I'm happy about the result, but I'm suspecting that my hair loss isn't caused by genetic. For these reasons:

1: Three generations on both side of my family doesn't have hair loss.
2: I had depression and anxiety(Social anxiety, and I tend to worry about everything) during the summer, and my hair loss started since then.
3: During the past 12 months, I've had mini shed happens occasionally, 5-8 times, each time mini shed happens, I lost around 15 hairs a day. AND it's usually followed by anxiety.
4: I got burning scalp syndrome, it happens and usually followed by hair loss, which sounds like what most you guys encountered while losing hair. BUT, my burning scalp ONLY happens when I experiencing anxiety. It's so consistent that I can predict when my scalp gonna feel pain. An interesting example is that one day I have a plan to take and have no time to put on minoxidil and finasteride, I start to panic during the rest of the day, my scalp is burning too. After I got off the plan, took my luggage, I took a finasteride(It's in my luggage...) immediately, within 1 minutes, my burning scalp feeling disappeared, amazing right?
5: As my mental health also improved, my hairless became less severe(Seems like).

So what do you guys think? What a chance do I have genetic hair loss?

And also, is miniaturization happens IF AND ONLY IF it's genetic hair loss?

My hair loss daily recording starting from the day I started treatment:
7vowkUu.png

Last edited:

wintop6211

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you responded to finasteride, then that means you have male pattern baldness. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I have one thing forgot to mention in my post, that is while I starting my treatment, I also start to visit psychotherapist, and my mental health keep improving since then. Not sure which one helped my hair loss.. Also, could minoxidil helping my hair loss that effectively?

badluckdude

Reaction score
Your bad sheds are... 15 hairs a day? I don't know about anything else, but if you are saying your bad days are 15 and good days are 10. I mean something doesnt add up here. I think you maybe counting wrong. Because that is nothing.

wintop6211

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your bad sheds are... 15 hairs a day? I don't know about anything else, but if you are saying your bad days are 15 and good days are 10. I mean something doesnt add up here. I think you maybe counting wrong. Because that is nothing.
Sorry that I sound like a little bit over nervous about my hair loss. Indeed I will be nervous about tiniest thing. And yes, 15 hair seems too scary to me...

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely male pattern baldness, and consider yourself lucky that you responded so well to finasteride. It is normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day so if you're losing 15 you're freaking out over nothing. Keep taking the finasteride and stop worrying about it if it worked that well for you.