Do I Need To Taper Down Propecia From .25 Mg?

Taper off Propecia or go cold turkey?

• Do .125 ED for a bit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do .25 EOD for a bit

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Have at least two phases or gradual tapering

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cold turkey

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

wxflurry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking .25 mg every day for about 7 weeks. I'm pretty certain at this point that I'm experiencing decreased ejaculate volume. I think that maybe ejaculation itself also feels different, though maybe the difference is largely or wholly on account of the decreased ejaculate volume as well, since it makes sense that that would alter the physical sensations as you c*m. Otherwise, erections seem normal and I think that sex drive is the same. I've maybe had ball ache as well though that could easily be caused by anxiety so who knows.

Regardless, I'm starting to lean heavily toward stopping Propecia. Potentially keeping my hair is just not worth the stress of always questioning whether I'm irreparably harming my body. So my question is ... should I attempt to taper off or could/should I stop cold turkey? I could try to cut the pills into 8ths so that I could take .125 a day for a bit. Alternatively I could do .25 EOD for a bit ... and then even every third day after that. Thoughts?

Thanks for any advice.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Psychological sides. Go full 1mg ed. I had moderate succes on every other day at 0.5mg. I jumped on 1.25mg ed and my hair become ultra thick and hairloss almost stopped. I can pull maxinum one hair at most. At every other day i was shedding and still i was kind of balding... Just jump on it and stop thinking about sides. Like i did

wxflurry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate your input but I'm not asking what I should do about my hair loss. Rather, I'm asking what the smartest way to stop Propecia is.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're committed to quitting, cut down to eighths and you can get even lower than eighths if you turn it into a powder and then dilute it in an alcohol solution. However at 0.25mg a day you should weather the storm for another month because I have read a lot of people that stated their semen volume went back to normal.

wxflurry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started by going .25 EOD for now. As the next step should I do .125 EOD ... or do .25 every third day? Does it matter? Also ... how long should I stay at .25 EOD before cutting it down further?

Ozan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking .25 mg every day for about 7 weeks. I'm pretty certain at this point that I'm experiencing decreased ejaculate volume. I think that maybe ejaculation itself also feels different, though maybe the difference is largely or wholly on account of the decreased ejaculate volume as well, since it makes sense that that would alter the physical sensations as you c*m. Otherwise, erections seem normal and I think that sex drive is the same. I've maybe had ball ache as well though that could easily be caused by anxiety so who knows.

Regardless, I'm starting to lean heavily toward stopping Propecia. Potentially keeping my hair is just not worth the stress of always questioning whether I'm irreparably harming my body. So my question is ... should I attempt to taper off or could/should I stop cold turkey? I could try to cut the pills into 8ths so that I could take .125 a day for a bit. Alternatively I could do .25 EOD for a bit ... and then even every third day after that. Thoughts?

Thanks for any advice.
Iam with you on this.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I've started by going .25 EOD for now. As the next step should I do .125 EOD ... or do .25 every third day? Does it matter? Also ... how long should I stay at .25 EOD before cutting it down further?

Personally I think the taper down/up stuff is horse crap. 24 hours later some of the drug has been removed already so its not as strong as when you first took it. That is why you take another dose. Your hormones are still fluctuating exactly as if you took a larger dose all at once so what difference does it really make? I guess it makes us feel better so maybe worth doing for the peace of mind effect, but I dont think it makes any difference if you get sides or not.