Do I have to use Minoxidil twice a day the rest of my life?

Bradford

Reaction score
Do I have to use Minoxidil twice a day the rest of my life to keep my hair growth? I am getting tired of the flaking, does that go away?

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is that it is OK to tone it down to 1x per day after about a year of treatment. But if you flat out stop then you can kiss those minoxidil hairs goodbye.

How long have you been using it? I have been using it for 6 weeks or so and I don't notice any aditional flaking. My scalp was irritated at first but it calmed down after a couple of weeks

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i guess,

i get flaking and itchin too , i hate this sh*t but until HM i will be using it.... at least it thickens my hair, thats the goood thing about it , not like it regrows most hair :roll:

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
Get either Nizoral or T/Sal shampoo (some here would say use both!). That will help with scalp irritation.

Axon

Reaction score
I use Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil formulation once a day. I have maintained all of the gains I made during the first year of treatment.

Dr. Lee's is more expensive, but does not leave that greasy residue. It is also dry within 20 minutes or so.

Bradford

Reaction score
Thanks,

I have only been using it for about two months and have not really noticed anything yet. I'll be patient for the first year and probably cut it back to once a day.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Since Dr' Lee's minoxidil dries up a hell of a lot quicker than all the other brands, does this mean you're allowed to have it on your head less than the four hour window?

clau

Reaction score
hi Axon,

do u use Dr Lee's standard minoxidil or PPG free minoxidil ?

im thinking of adding minoxidil to my regime

thx.

Cassin

Reaction score
Packers said:
Since Dr' Lee's minoxidil dries up a hell of a lot quicker than all the other brands, does this mean you're allowed to have it on your head less than the four hour window?

Yes, I believe Dr Lee states that washing your head after 1 hour is ok with his standard minoxidil. But the residue is so much less I don't even bother. At worse I get a little white residue that I rub away with a finger. I can't even imagine using that regular store bought garbage anymore. That stuff is almost not worth hair.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
At worse I get a little white residue that I rub away with a finger. I can't even imagine using that regular store bought garbage anymore. That stuff is almost not worth hair.

Agree 100%