Do I Have Male Patyern Baldness (15 Years Old)

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
20170813_221155.jpg
20170813_221155.jpg
Hi guys , so im 15 and recently withhin the last 6 months when i had long hair ive noticed that my hair was thinning around my crown area and my scalp always felt sensitive around the crown. Now.my hair is short i can visibly see that my crown area is getting rather thin compared to other areas of hair, so i started taking biotin a few days ago and hope that may stop my hair from thinning. I also have quite bad dandruff and my crown region feels quite sensitive and sore when i touch it. I have attached some pictures of my hair. So can any of you tell me if it is possibly male pattern baldness in the beggining, btw no one in my immidiate family has it nor does my grandparents.
20170815_000436_HDR.jpg
20170815_000436_HDR.jpg

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
For someone as young as you are, you can't tell from a few pics taken at the same time. For the next six months, take pics of your hair after a fresh hair cut, then compare.
Ok, but i have noticed that it has been getting thin over the laat few months, im not sure if my hair is falling out as much as it was before, however my crown has gotton thinner. And anyway thanks for the advice. Ill keep taking my biotin incase if its a biotin deficiancy, as some of the symptoms lf a biotin deficiancy is hair loss and irritated / scaley scalp

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
best thing you can do is get on nizoral shampoo for dandruff and male pattern baldness. easy cheap and part of big 3.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
best thing you can do is get on nizoral shampoo for dandruff and male pattern baldness. easy cheap and part of big 3.

the most useless part with anecdotal evidence

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice thus far. Anyway, the past few days now ive been having an intense itchy feeling in my crown region which i never really had before. also i get a tingling/ burning sensation and my scalp seems dry. Which all bothers me really bad as well as pain when only that part of my scalp is touched, i guess its called scalp tenderness? What could this be guys? Could it be some sort of scalp infection? Because before i trimmed my hair i did have many spots in my hair that was filled with pus. Or couldd it bempb, none of my parents have it, and they both think im being too obsessed with my hair and think its fine, however to me there is visible hair loss recently in the crown area, which use to be one of the thicmest parts of my hair. people from my fathers side do look to have some degree of male pattern baldness but not too severe and i dont think it started in them early at all.

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice thus far. Anyway, the past few days now ive been having an intense itchy feeling in my crown region which i never really had before. also i get a tingling/ burning sensation and my scalp seems dry. Which all bothers me really bad as well as pain when only that part of my scalp is touched, i guess its called scalp tenderness? What could this be guys? Could it be some sort of scalp infection? Because before i trimmed my hair i did have many spots in my hair that was filled with pus. Or couldd it bempb, none of my parents have it, and they both think im being too obsessed with my hair and think its fine, however to me there is visible hair loss recently in the crown area, which use to be one of the thicmest parts of my hair. people from my fathers side do look to have some degree of male pattern baldness but not too severe and i dont think it started in them early at all.
I shoudl also add that Ive also been using some dormol cream as a shampoo and just to apple on the scalp which is antimicrobial and treats itchy skin. It does work but only for a few hours before the itching feeling comes back.
Thanks in advanced

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay let me tell you something. One of the major reasons why it's probably itching and burning is stress. When I first found out that I was losing my hair in which I started losing my hair at the age of 15 I was completely stressing out and I was a mess the more stressed out I was about it I started feeling an itching and burning around my entire head not just the crown. You need to relax man. I've seen many types of hair it could just be your hair type.
Worst case scenario you do have hair loss. Well yours would be considering "extremely minor" for the first part. And on top of that there are so many treatments in the works with some release dates expected next year. You get one of those treatments next year and younwould be fine by that time your hairline wouldn't of been noticeably worse anyways.
You're 15 and you're scared that you might be losing your hair. I was in the same boat stressing about it only
Makes it worse just relax and enjoy being a 15 year old by the time it gets bad something will be out! (If you even have hairloss to begin with)

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay let me tell you something. One of the major reasons why it's probably itching and burning is stress. When I first found out that I was losing my hair in which I started losing my hair at the age of 15 I was completely stressing out and I was a mess the more stressed out I was about it I started feeling an itching and burning around my entire head not just the crown. You need to relax man. I've seen many types of hair it could just be your hair type.
Worst case scenario you do have hair loss. Well yours would be considering "extremely minor" for the first part. And on top of that there are so many treatments in the works with some release dates expected next year. You get one of those treatments next year and younwould be fine by that time your hairline wouldn't of been noticeably worse anyways.
You're 15 and you're scared that you might be losing your hair. I was in the same boat stressing about it only
Makes it worse just relax and enjoy being a 15 year old by the time it gets bad something will be out! (If you even have hairloss to begin with)
Thanks, you are probably right. I do stress about it too much. I have noticed more hairs growing back as well but the strands themselves look thinner than the hair surrounding it.

chrisjones12

Reaction score

Quoting you to let you know I started having those feelings in my scalp at 18-19 years old. I also noticed I was loosing a lot more hairs in the shower but I was growing an afro at the time and didn't think anything of it. I cut my hair at 23 and I've noticed some density loss at my crown. It's not noticeable at all to the eye when its grown out, but when I cut my hair I can notice it. My scalp also became really oily as well.

I'm 24 now and it still looks the same as it did a year ago, but I constantly lose hair in the shower. What I did to reduce the oil on my scalp was Nizoral 2% twice a week for the first couple weeks and once a week now. I also found out my vitamin D levels were really low and my Vitamin B levels were low too, so I've been taking supplements for those problems. My scalp doesn't burn as much as it used to, but it still happens often.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 61108 View attachment 61108 Hi guys , so im 15 and recently withhin the last 6 months when i had long hair ive noticed that my hair was thinning around my crown area and my scalp always felt sensitive around the crown. Now.my hair is short i can visibly see that my crown area is getting rather thin compared to other areas of hair, so i started taking biotin a few days ago and hope that may stop my hair from thinning. I also have quite bad dandruff and my crown region feels quite sensitive and sore when i touch it. I have attached some pictures of my hair. So can any of you tell me if it is possibly male pattern baldness in the beggining, btw no one in my immidiate family has it nor does my grandparents. View attachment 61104 View attachment 61104

I will tell you now that IF you are starting to thin (big if) then ketoconazole/Nizoral by itself will NOT do a damn thing. You still have the bulk of your hair, if not almost all of it, so the first thing I'd do is go to a dermatologist and see if you are showing early signs of balding. If you are, ger a prescription for finasteride and purchase over the counter minixidil. Best case scenario is that you are not thinning, and this information is worthless. Worst case scenario is that you are thinning and others on this site will put the fear of God into you to scare you from the drugs needed to at the very least maintain what you have. I started balding at 16, and immediately went on finasteride and minoxidil with no recognizable side effects. Before anything, you must see a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis. Best of luck.

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will tell you now that IF you are starting to thin (big if) then ketoconazole/Nizoral by itself will NOT do a damn thing. You still have the bulk of your hair, if not almost all of it, so the first thing I'd do is go to a dermatologist and see if you are showing early signs of balding. If you are, ger a prescription for finasteride and purchase over the counter minixidil. Best case scenario is that you are not thinning, and this information is worthless. Worst case scenario is that you are thinning and others on this site will put the fear of God into you to scare you from the drugs needed to at the very least maintain what you have. I started balding at 16, and immediately went on finasteride and minoxidil with no recognizable side effects. Before anything, you must see a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis. Best of luck.
Thanls for the advice, i want to go to the doctors about my hair but i doubt my parents will let me because they think its pathetic.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, the past few days now ive been having an intense itchy feeling in my crown region which i never really had before. also i get a tingling/ burning sensation and my scalp seems dry

Pure Jojoba oil as a lotion three times a week in the nights can be useful

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you're fuckin 15een and you have just NOTHING.
At all ! You just paranoid.

Take a mix of Coco/Jojoba/Pure Black Cumin Oil and you'll be great
Massage your scalp 5min a day and it'll be good. Come back in 6 months with new photos

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really hard to say for that photos. I started with male pattern baldness at 17 , and If I see photos of myself now I can see at 16 the process was already started. What about your hairline ? For that photos I think that you are not balding. Is your father bald ?

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really hard to say for that photos. I started with male pattern baldness at 17 , and If I see photos of myself now I can see at 16 the process was already started. What about your hairline ? For that photos I think that you are not balding. Is your father bald ?
Well my father is maybe starting now but he is in his. Mid 40s and family from his side has it but all started around that age i think. My hair line is ok i think but my left side of my temples are thinner than the right. But i dont think im receeding much. But my crown area has lost alot of bulk as it use to be one of the thicker parts of my hair. Im gonna book into my doctors for an apointment as i also have a lump under my nipple which could be gynecostia or something like that which is due to estrogen. So if have high estrogen i wont have high dht would i? Ill find out hopefully when i go to the doctors though

Uvuwvwevwe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you're fuckin 15een and you have just NOTHING.
At all ! You just paranoid.

Take a mix of Coco/Jojoba/Pure Black Cumin Oil and you'll be great
Massage your scalp 5min a day and it'll be good. Come back in 6 months with new photos
Alright, but no need to swear.