Do hair transplants work on diffuse thinners?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I had my 1491 with Cole last July, I was so hung up on the numbers. All three doctors there explained to me that it is not how high the numbers are but how the hair is placed and grouping involved....aside from hair characteristics. One's in the very front with 2's and 3 's progressing backward so at 50 grafts per cm 2 you can have somethintg like 100 hairs growing in that particular area. I would be very leery of docs that marketing that "more is better approach" and "stuff a ton of grafts" in one area technique and see how many grow. Think of all the grafts that dont make it secondary to trauma, crowding and shockloss. Our donors are finite resouces and we need to think of the future and use it wisely.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haleystudios said:
dirtrider67,

the guy in the pic is 90 in the front and thinner in the back, not sure how much thinner, but thats what he told me..

Jayman is right, good post

Daveone...? original hairs.... do you mean in the future or as of right after a transplant...... If you are halted becuase of meds..... 98% of shockloss will grow back..... but i am sorry.... i am not having aweakass looking hair with 30grafts cm/2 in the front or even 50 cm/2....
and if Armani states that the old method of 8000 grafts in the past is gone and new techniques of fuss and fue combo of 10,000-15,000 grafts extraction is possible, then that sounds fine to me......

You are getting very caught up in the numbers and Armani's marketing man. 8-15 K constitutes a very small number of people and to think you actually think that even if he did, what do you think your donor region would look like???? Think about it, a strip of hair is going to fill the top of your head?? it only goes so far.

G

LookingGood! said:
JayMan said:
dave,

why not plant one-hair grafts in the hairline at 70fi/cm, and then it can go down from there when it moves backwards, to 50, 40, and 30 in the crown?

Thinning is visible at 50 fu/cm I think so I am unsure why you think that planting at 40/cm will not be noticeable?

No a;ways, depends on one's hair characteristics. 50 most of the time blocks out the sun. Even 40 sometimes. Also, planting at 90 doesnt always yield 90. Crowding and trauma to nearby resident hairsmay slow or arrest some yield.

well my frontal hair must be worse than 50 then.

haleystudios

Reaction score
lookinggood...
with respect... i dont think Armani is blowing spoke up my *** when he says that he can extract 10,000--- to 15,000 on most patients now with a fuss and fue combo......

i have heard several posters talk about how shockloss grew back because of meds... and Armani clarifies this too

also... it wont look thin under the 10,000 mark... lets stick to the minimum of 10,000 for a seoncd.... out of 25,000 to 30,000 grafts you have in the back and sides, that would be about 1/3 or your hair back there, so therefore at 90-100 grafts cm/2 you will end up at around 65 frafts cm/2 in the back BUT thats if you use all the donor.... so how is it thin...

thanks buddy, i am not saying you are wrong, but this is my theory

G

DaveOne said:
Dense packing at higher levels risks yield. A non-balding look can be achieved with as little as 40-45 grafts/cm2. A lot depends on hair caliber as well. But the more you dense pack, the more you risk not only yield, but also the ridging effect from stuffing too many grafts into a small area.

Don't believe it happens? I've seen it in "ultra fine follicular unit" transplants done as recent as a year ago. So, in fact while you think you are getting great coverage, you could be in fact losing a good percentage of the grafts, thus basically wasting your money and creating more problems than you bargained for.

"One of the biggest fallacies in hair restoration surgery today is promulgated by inexperienced physicians who claim that they VOLUNTARILY perform low density transplantation for the patient's benefit. The reason most often given is a supposed insufficiency on the part of the scalp's blood supply to nourish a large number of transplants. This is simply untrue, and the real reason is usually becasues THEY do not posses suffienct skill, experience, staff, and instrumentation to perform a proper high density transplant. The "insufficient bloood supply" reason is usually a cover for their own insufficiencies, and little else. This fallacy has been disproved by this office and others like ours around the world who perform successful high-density hair transplants routinely."

-Dr Feller's website

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haleystudios said:
lookinggood...
with respect... i dont think Armani is blowing spoke up my *** when he says that he can extract 10,000--- to 15,000 on most patients now with a fuss and fue combo......

i have heard several posters talk about how shockloss grew back because of meds... and Armani clarifies this too

also... it wont look thin under the 10,000 mark... lets stick to the minimum of 10,000 for a seoncd.... out of 25,000 to 30,000 grafts you have in the back and sides, that would be about 1/3 or your hair back there, so therefore at 90-100 grafts cm/2 you will end up at around 65 frafts cm/2 in the back BUT thats if you use all the donor.... so how is it thin...

thanks buddy, i am not saying you are wrong, but this is my theory

10,000 grafts at 10-12 dollars, hmmmm that's about how much money?
You would be his biggest client.
No offense bro but they didnt say if all those grafts would grow back, did they? It sounds inspiring on paper but has it been done to date? I want to see these patients. Have you requested to see the results. It's easy to believe, I was you last yr at this time. I took to Shane and Jeff's kind approach and it was hard to think against them. This is a big step man.
Another famous Armani slogan was they could grafts 150 g/cm2 also. Or how about this one, dont get your hair buzzed with electric clippers because it could cause traction alopecia. I'll take it a step further, creatine is like a steriod, it can cause hairloss. These are his marketing slogans. Sorry, I like Armani and would certainly consider him if I needed a strip but he sure knows how to lure the majority of meek, troubled, repressed young men who are down and when they are down it's any port in town. Just be careful and understand that there are risks.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
DaveOne said:
Dense packing at higher levels risks yield. A non-balding look can be achieved with as little as 40-45 grafts/cm2. A lot depends on hair caliber as well. But the more you dense pack, the more you risk not only yield, but also the ridging effect from stuffing too many grafts into a small area.

Don't believe it happens? I've seen it in "ultra fine follicular unit" transplants done as recent as a year ago. So, in fact while you think you are getting great coverage, you could be in fact losing a good percentage of the grafts, thus basically wasting your money and creating more problems than you bargained for.

"One of the biggest fallacies in hair restoration surgery today is promulgated by inexperienced physicians who claim that they VOLUNTARILY perform low density transplantation for the patient's benefit. The reason most often given is a supposed insufficiency on the part of the scalp's blood supply to nourish a large number of transplants. This is simply untrue, and the real reason is usually becasues THEY do not posses suffienct skill, experience, staff, and instrumentation to perform a proper high density transplant. The "insufficient bloood supply" reason is usually a cover for their own insufficiencies, and little else. This fallacy has been disproved by this office and others like ours around the world who perform successful high-density hair transplants routinely."

-Dr Feller's website

There is truth to this, but also bear in mind that the type of density is also dictated by how deep your pockets are! 8)

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
LookingGood! said:
JayMan said:
dave,

why not plant one-hair grafts in the hairline at 70fi/cm, and then it can go down from there when it moves backwards, to 50, 40, and 30 in the crown?

Thinning is visible at 50 fu/cm I think so I am unsure why you think that planting at 40/cm will not be noticeable?

No a;ways, depends on one's hair characteristics. 50 most of the time blocks out the sun. Even 40 sometimes. Also, planting at 90 doesnt always yield 90. Crowding and trauma to nearby resident hairsmay slow or arrest some yield.
Have it analyzed by a hair transplant surgeon. Dr Cole's group did this for me at the eval. He will be in NY in January.
well my frontal hair must be worse than 50 then.