Do Hair Transplants Look Real?( Opinions )

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a website for a Doctor I have never met and, based on some comments online, it appears he may actually be deceased. You can see him in the Hair Club infomercial to this day. Apparently he worked at a few places and one place he worked still hosts his before and after pics:

http://aestheticshairrestoration.com/before-after/

These, to me, are very typical real-life pics of what average hair transplant surgery results look like and to me these look good-I suspect the patients were happy with these results. These pics look very representative to me of how many hair transplants turn out.

These are older men who let all their hair all fall out then then got what appears to be an insignificant smattering of coverage.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The color, caliber, direction, angle all have to match and the design has to make sense long term with the math adding up on paper first. Then since you are cutting out thousands of pieces of skin you are basically skin grafting moving those thousands of pieces into holes cut in the front and top of the scalp. Those holes most especially in the hairline need to be set with the grafts perfectly otherwise the skin will look distorted through the hair which is usually 50% original density. Many believe they can just go anywhere firstly local then maybe shop by price etc. They simply do not understand the procedure or the ramifications as many get caught up in the marketing including many of the screen names that cheer you on then when applicable dislike posts that are too truthful………..keep your eyeballs on them. Then ask yourself is it normal to go from post to post, forum to forum, day to day and constantly encourage young men to have cosmetic surgery which can be very risky without long contemplation. Is that normal? So watch the screen names and watch what they do by themselves and as a group as part of your research.

You don’t get second chances so if you decide to take the advice of a cheerleader then ask to meet up with them at the homestead. Meet the rest of the family too because it helps to keep people honest.

Most will use at least 50% of their total donor of about 5000 for their first procedure. If it’s not right you are done in most cases and there is no going back. You can maybe improve upon bad or ill advised work but it will become a burden to bear for the rest of your life. A life sentence with no parole. So yes it can look natural it all depends on who is doing the work but don't be fooled the number is very, very small. Is it from the handful who have DaVinci or Michelangelo type skill, or is Bob the painter. Because there are thousands and thousands of Bob the painters out there telling the world they are DaVinci. They do the morning talk show circuits, invent new names for old procedures, write the white papers, invent new procedures which are worse than the old ones, work more on marketing because they lack skill so dozens of endorsements are needed, etc. What they are missing are quality results over years and years of work. If you are not happy and your donor is used up some will suggest injecting ink into your head. If you end up with cancer because your lymph nodes are loaded with ink well then you need to prove it was because of the ink. Do you have the money to do that if not well maybe give it some further thought because the room for error is zero.

This is just my opinion many don't like my opinion ask yourself why before you dismiss it.
All very well stated. I will add in my case, that derma-rolling has rescued my scalp from many grafts that either never took or which never took properly. It might also heal the donor area and produce new skin with viable follicles but I don't know that there are many studies if any about its wonderful scar healing properties. Microneedling can be revolutionary in terms of youth and healthy skin.

Janey