do finasteride gyno sides resolve them self?

skallagrimur

Established Member
Reaction score
I quit finasteride in the beginning of August after 3 months of use. I got beginning stage of gyno. Specially my left breast. Under my left nipple there is a lump. There is also a lump under my right nipple, but it is barely noticeable.

It's said that side effects from finasteride resolve them self. Does that also apply to gyno sides?

Is anyone here who got gyno sides that resolved them self?

thanks, skallagrimur

Broken

Reaction score
From what I have read & heard, gyne in initial stages will resolve itself after you quit the drug. It will take some time though.

Did you have any other sides with finasteride? And since you left finasteride, have the other sides resolved? Have you had a shed post quitting finasteride?

skallagrimur

Established Member
Reaction score
Broken said:
From what I have read & heard, gyne in initial stages will resolve itself after you quit the drug. It will take some time though.
Yeah, I hope so. I'm just hoping to find someone here that can keep me optimistic, by telling me that it did, in their case.
Broken said:
Did you have any other sides with finasteride? And since you left finasteride, have the other sides resolved? Have you had a shed post quitting finasteride?
I'm not sure, may be, watery semen. But I'm not sure. Didn't notice anything that bothered me. I quit so early because of the gyno. I am never going to try this drug again. Specially after reading about guys having been on the drug for a long time without realizing the sides that were going on. Then experiencing ED problems long after they quit the drug. In MY opinion the long-term effect of this drug hasn't been tested. 5 years is not enough.

Broken

Reaction score
skallagrimur said:
Broken said:
Yeah, I hope so. I'm just hoping to find someone here that can keep me optimistic, by telling me that it did, in their case.
Broken said:
I'm not sure, may be, watery semen. But I'm not sure. Didn't notice anything that bothered me. I quit so early because of the gyno. I am never going to try this drug again. Specially after reading about guys having been on the drug for a long time without realizing the sides that were going on. Then experiencing ED problems long after they quit the drug. In MY opinion the long-term effect of this drug hasn't been tested. 5 years is not enough.

Fair enough. But if I were you, I would continue the drug as long as I don't see any sides. Not for 5 years of course, but for the duration of less than 1 year, I think the drug can be tried.

I also faced issues of breast tenderness and sensitive, painful nipples early on, but then I halved the dose to 0.5 mg & did not have any sides until now when I find my libido down & erections weak.

Anyways, the point is that if you have stopped then your gyne will most probably go. Also, did you shed hair after stopping finasteride? I am also thinking of quitting but afraid of the post finasteride shed.

skallagrimur

Established Member
Reaction score
Broken said:
I also faced issues of breast tenderness and sensitive, painful nipples early on, but then I halved the dose to 0.5 mg & did not have any sides until now when I find my libido down & erections weak.
It's not breast tenderness/sensitiveness. My breasts have become larger, specially my left breast. It is noticeable. And their is a lump in my breast, under my nipple. I'm not going to keep on taking the drug and hope that this will stop and go away. I'd rather be bold with no tits then have a full head of hair with tits :hump:

Broken said:
Anyways, the point is that if you have stopped then your gyne will most probably go. Also, did you shed hair after stopping finasteride? I am also thinking of quitting but afraid of the post finasteride shed.
Since I was only on the drug for 3 months, I can't really tell. I also buzz my hair very short, so I don't think I would have noticed it, if it happened.

Ende

Reaction score
I had some lumps which disappeared within 6 months after quitting the drug, but I wouldn't count on it. I would use Andractim.

skallagrimur

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I had some lumps which disappeared within 6 months after quitting the drug, but I wouldn't count on it. I would use Andractim.
I've tried to order drugs into my country but I need to show a prescription when I pick it up (Fedex are holding Nolvadex from me at this moment). Is Andractim a prescription drug? If not, where is the most reliable place to get it? Preferably in Europe.

thanks

Ende

Reaction score
Yes, it's a prescription drug (you've to answer some questions, and then they'll ship the drugs to you in an envolope), and you should check the rules for import. It's a steroid gel which contains androstanolone. It's available through allsaintsclinic.org. They're legit, and located on Cyprus. Expect arrival within 1 month. It's illegal to import to my country, but I did it twice without any trouble.