Do Dark Circles Go Away After Stopping Use of minoxidil/finasteride?

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
I was concerned over the dark circles I noticed after using minoxidil for a couple months...and I've stopped using minoxidil for a month now and the circles are still there....I'm hoping that this was something I had just overlooked prior to using minoxidil....but I can't remember myself ever having these circles....

Shouldn't they go away after 30 days of stopping?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Just going from what I've read - minoxidil dark circles are temporary but finasteride tend to be more permanent. Also, they take ages to return to normal - sometimes months. Sounds a bit gay but, if you want to speed things along, try using an eye cream (look for something with vitamin K if you can). Other than that, this might all be in your head and you've actually had dark circles since before starting minoxidil - it's difficult to say.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Just noticed you on MSM... my dark circles seemed to coincide with me starting MSM. I stopped about a month ago and they seem to be subsiding. I can't say for sure it was the MSM (I know of at least one other person who reported this) but it might be worth your while dropping it for a month or two.
Let us know how you go.

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Skaff, I took your advice and stopped all supplements I was taking.

The dark circles havent' gone away yet or even shown signs of going away 45 days after stopping. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence that heredity kicked in while I started Rogaine or if it was the rogaine itself. It seemed that after about two monthes into it I noticed the dark circles...so I stopped immediately and then eventually stopped taking the supplements I was taking for hairloss.

Bad news is that the dark circles haven't gone away since stopping. It's been about 45 days since and I'm not sure if Rogaine screwed me over for good or if it's heredity that just kicked in shortly after starting Rogaine.

Does anyone know if dark circles go away if they were caused by Rogaine after stopping treatment? Shouldn't they go away?

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Just noticed you on MSM... my dark circles seemed to coincide with me starting MSM. I stopped about a month ago and they seem to be subsiding. I can't say for sure it was the MSM (I know of at least one other person who reported this) but it might be worth your while dropping it for a month or two.
Let us know how you go.

Hey Skaff...how are your dark circles now...have they gone away?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah, not really. I pretty sure MSM had nothing to do with it. I'm even starting to doubt finasteride has contributed. I've recently had problems with the TMJ joint in my jaw and apparently that can cause dark circles (don't really understand how). They pretty much coincided with each other so I'm thinking there's a link. Anyway, I'll only really know once I have my TMJ issues treated (with orthodontics)... hopefully I'll see an improvement.

What about you? Any luck?