Do Assistants Do The Extraction For Fue?

Expat in Manila

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in the Philippines Manila and scheduled for hair transplant (crown only).Here is what the staff wrote me regarding who performs extraction and relocation. This office only does hair transplants and has been doing them for many years (with office in the US). But I am wondering if this sounds normal or if I should be concerned that assistants do the extraction. Here is their email:

Extraction will be performed most of the time by one of our senior hair transplant nurse but with the supervision of the primary doctors. Artistic design of the transplants will be done by the primary physician.

Our Senior Hair Transplant Nurses has a 6 years experience or I think even more than 6 years.

I can assure you that our Doctors never leave the Clinic while the surgery is on going. They’ll be with you the entire process. They may be staying in their office most especially when they have other scheduled consultations. I have heard about that with the other Clinics. But I can guarantee you, that our Surgeons has never done that.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its normal procedure to have the assistants do the extraction. It cuts down costs for the surgery.