dNovo new promissing player in the stemcell race

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that would depend on the size of the mouse. I think 1000 grafts is a very conservative number. Personally, I would think they carry no less than 2000. For my situation then about 2 rats would be all I need.
Would yield acceptable coverage for me too, but I want it as thick as it was in adolescence. Maybe 15.000 is a bit on the high side though.

Excited to see how this moves forward.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They will never use animal for such cause .
only expirements not for normal treatment specialy not cosmetic one

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot see why this wouldn't be done. Just to know that it could work, a small number of grafts could be removed from the mouse and transferred to the human. This is very valuable research to be conducted. Why? Assuming that the transplanted grafts fail to regrow the hairs in humans it will give further clues as to what is wrong in the process.
They will never use animal for such cause .
only expirements not for normal treatment specialy not cosmetic one

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would yield acceptable coverage for me too, but I want it as thick as it was in adolescence. Maybe 15.000 is a bit on the high side though.

Excited to see how this moves forward.
Here is the email I sent:
To Whom It May Concern:

I will keep this message brief. I know you're busy. I have two questions:

Question #1: I know your technology is patent pending. I wish to know if you're using hiPSC (human induced pluripotent stem cells) as Stemson Therapeutics is doing for hair cloning?

Question #2: I would like to propose a steppingstone method to advance hair cloning. We know that it is easy to grow human hair in mice. I have read in an article, and it was suggested by a member here today dNovo new promissing player in the stemcell race | Page 7 | HairLossTalk Forums to take human hair of the individual grown in mice and have it transplanted back to the same individual in order to determine if the grafts will survive? This is advantageous for you to do with your formula regarding whether or not these hairs you've developed are survivable when transplanted back into humans. If successful, this is highly probable that a cure for hair loss has been reached until we can further refine the process to where mice or other intermediaries are no longer needed. Please seriously consider doing this. You will change the lives of so many people, and not only that but you will become famous and very rich as a result.

There are certain people such as me who are seriously depressed and non-functional people in society as a result of hair loss. These are the first people we need to treat. Next would be those only mildly affected. My hair loss is minimal but bothers me. I need no more than 4000 grafts total.

I would gladly be your research subject. In addition, I think it may also require using an experienced hair transplant surgeon who understands how to remove the grafts from mice and transplant into a human.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Monheit

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here sent an email to dNovo and if so, have you gotten a reply?

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uh why would they transplant from mice to humans? It wouldn't be any faster, it would still require trials.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uh why would they transplant from mice to humans? It wouldn't be any faster, it would still require trials.
The reason is the hair has grown in mice and thicky as well. The problem we're having right now is animals outside of mice don't seem to be able to grow hair upon cell implantation. As for Stemson Therapeutics, they mention nothing so far in how their pig models are doing regarding cloned hair. In fact, they won't even answer my emails when I bring this subject up. Silence is not golden in this way. No voluntary good news to report means bad news. Of course, it would be faster to just get hair stem cells injected into human beings, the problem is they don't grow. The advantage we know so far is human hair grows well when implanted into mice. If these mice can grow our cloned hairs while we can't, it seems logical to take the human hairs we grew in mice and see if they will grow in humans upon transplantation. The thing is to avoid rejection, it should be from hair cells that come from the same human, first grown in the mice. The trials would make sense to do to start. I am trying to convince dNovo to try this. It is dNovo I specifically wish to have this experiment done with because as far as I know they've produced the best results of any hair cloning group I've seen yet on mice.

Unless a mistake has been made, I read somewhere that dNovo has 4 people now in their group, up from 3.

Another thing I was thinking about is getting hair to grow requires skin and blood supply. If just making hair cells while ignoring the rest of the environment that hair needs to grow in may be the reason why it has failed to generate in humans. Sometimes when science people don't look to nature and why things work in nature could be why their formulations don't work or don't work properly. So I was thinking too how can we get this environment cloned that hair needs to thrive? This is not easy to do.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here sent an email to dNovo and if so, have you gotten a reply?
i have sent them emailes, never get any answer
in my opinion, it is just science for science, their research will not have any impact on the treatment of people, I see the future in preventing baldness in young people, those who have already lost their hair ... there will never be medicine for us, because it simply does not help anyone will pay off

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have sent them emailes, never get any answer
in my opinion, it is just science for science, their research will not have any impact on the treatment of people, I see the future in preventing baldness in young people, those who have already lost their hair ... there will never be medicine for us, because it simply does not help anyone will pay off
Well, I now know it's not just me then. They've ignored me, so far. I cannot even find a legit phone number for the company or for Mr. Lujan. What I wonder is how the press can even find this guy? Not too professional. I wish there was a way I could just talk to him. There's no proof he's even reading the emails we send. We need better communications with these scientists. I'm sure they haven't thought of everything. A good idea or two could be a game changer potentially. Even brilliant scientists can't consider everything that a common person from outside of the field would imagine. They need us as we need them to innovate and consider other possibilities.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scientists don't need us, only our money, until we have a billionaire who is obsessed with appearance, nothing will move forward, scientists only do research that shows nothing, sorry that's the truth

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scientists don't need us, only our money, until we have a billionaire who is obsessed with appearance, nothing will move forward, scientists only do research that shows nothing, sorry that's the truth
If that is the truth, it doesn't speak much for their profession. This cannot always be the case, but often it is sadly.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that is the truth, it doesn't speak much for their profession. This cannot always be the case, but often it is sadly.
Who would be hair cloning for if new, very effective methods of preventing hair loss appeared? for the few people who are obsessed with hairloss from this forum

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Donald Trump?

If a company could legitimately and safely clone hair, it would make them rich beyond belief and a lot of status.

It is sad that it didn't materialize yet, but I think the incentives aren't the problem.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Donald Trump?

If a company could legitimately and safely clone hair, it would make them rich beyond belief and a lot of status.

It is sad that it didn't materialize yet, but I think the incentives aren't the problem.
a company that will develop an effective and cheap remedy to prevent hair loss will be extremely successful, hair cloning will only be for a few guys from forums such as these

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a company that will develop an effective and cheap remedy to prevent hair loss will be extremely successful, hair cloning will only be for a few guys from forums such as these
I know a lot of sports people, politicians, businessmen and others that have undergone a hair transplant. These are successful men who can acquire women easily with their money and status. Still, they care about their appearance.

Millennial and especially zennial men are extremely vain. Unlimited hair with no sides would appeal to many of them. If the prices aren't too extreme, I think a product like Dnovo would be very successful.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lets be honest, to our knowledge dnovo is nowhere at the moment with their hair cloning, we have seen many mice with hair before

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lets be honest, to our knowledge dnovo is nowhere at the moment with their hair cloning, we have seen many mice with hair before
Again, this is not necessarily the case. The idea of taking the human origin hairs on the mouse and transplanting them into people is a possibility to try at this point. It's only a matter of them getting the will to do it. The question that needs to be known is why these cloned human hair cells can grow on mice but not on humans. This is the mysterious area that needs to be understood. Why are mice so great at growing hair whereas people it seems our bodies want fewer hairs after a while.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dnovo answered my email when i said im investor and im intrested in investing this company.
I guess that since they blew up world wide they got tons of emails from people like you guys which are not relevant to them.
They will answer the media and investors .
They probbly have nothing to share yet specialy not somthing that relate to their work . There is just no reason to do so.
Its only relevent when they want invesment or to update the investors.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, I now know it's not just me then. They've ignored me, so far. I cannot even find a legit phone number for the company or for Mr. Lujan. What I wonder is how the press can even find this guy? Not too professional. I wish there was a way I could just talk to him. There's no proof he's even reading the emails we send. We need better communications with these scientists. I'm sure they haven't thought of everything. A good idea or two could be a game changer potentially. Even brilliant scientists can't consider everything that a common person from outside of the field would imagine. They need us as we need them to innovate and consider other possibilities.
Media and investors find this guy very easily. Through LinkedIn and email. He read all the emails, and answer only to those worth it. 10 desperate guys spending whole day on this forum are not his target group.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dnovo answered my email when i said im investor and im intrested in investing this company.
I guess that since they blew up world wide they got tons of emails from people like you guys which are not relevant to them.
They will answer the media and investors .
They probbly have nothing to share yet specialy not somthing that relate to their work . There is just no reason to do so.
Its only relevent when they want invesment or to update the investors.
DNovo is probably company in very early stage with 4-5 people in it. Not a company with 50 people or 20 scientists. They have proof of concept (on mice), and it will take probably couple of more years till they move on next stage.