dNovo new promissing player in the stemcell race

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dNovo left in me the impression that they are trying to appear bigger/better/closer to the cure than they actually are.

And if it is indeed the case it wouldn’t be the first time in hair loss land so I don’t know why you guys are getting so defensive.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy got PhD from Stanford University (6th ranked in USA), and postdoctoral degree at Harvard University (2nd ranked in USA). Also, bachelor degree from University of California Irvine (36th ranked in USA), so you call this guy fraud? Jesus...

Hairs on mice that he reproduced are best so far that I have ever seen before. Plus, all those hairs are done with human stem cells.

Maybe this guy will fail in human trials, maybe he will do nothing, but at least give them a chance, and stop doing conspiracy theories everywhere.
Where did I call him a fraud lol

I think the guy is legit, but he is using some marketing tactics that are not very noble, which raises some flags for me. That’s my opinion.

Also, they were founded in 2018 and only managed to raise seed capital now, and are still in proof of concept stage as far as I know. They are moving very slowly for a company making the claims they are making.

Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where did I call him a fraud lol

I think the guy is legit, but he is using some marketing tactics that are not very noble, which raises some flags for me. That’s my opinion.

Also, they were founded in 2018 and only managed to raise seed capital now, and are still in proof of concept stage as far as I know. They are moving very slowly for a company making the claims they are making.
There is no such think ’I think’. Ernesto got his postdoctoral degree on number 5 university worldwide for cell and molecular biology. How many persons knows around you that got education from 2 most prestigious universities in USA and worldwide? And we call this guy ’fraud’, because he put patent pending?

Of course, Shinya Yamanaka was fraud, because also put patent pending on his novel breakthrough discovery of iPSCs.
Of course, Jennifer Doudgha was fraud, because she also put patent pending on her novel breakthrough discovery of CRISPR-Cas9.

Nobody can use this technologies without paying money to Shinya or Jennifer, because they protected their discoveries.

It is same for Ernest. He think that his technology is groundbreaking and wanna protect it. There is nothing wrong or fraud about that.

I agree with you that there are no more than 4-5 peoples helping him with the company. Probably close friends from university, but he doesn’t need 200 people around him. All new biotech companies are not more than 10-15 people.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how much this would ultimately cost...
Probably something similar to a hair transplant, I would assume. It's just injections, so I'd wager it will be 10-20k for a full series of treatments. We all know PRP costs upwards of several thousands at the moment and doesn't do very much.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably something similar to a hair transplant, I would assume. It's just injections, so I'd wager it will be 10-20k for a full series of treatments. We all know PRP costs upwards of several thousands at the moment and doesn't do very much.
Will a surgeon be needed to recreate the hairline?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fukuda Lab published new paper regarding hair growth:

Electrical stimulation to human dermal papilla cells for hair regenerative medicine​

Junji Fukuda created company Tricho Seeds by the end of previous year to translate his science into clinical trials.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fukuda Lab published new paper regarding hair growth:

Electrical stimulation to human dermal papilla cells for hair regenerative medicine​

Junji Fukuda created company Tricho Seeds by the end of previous year to translate his science into clinical trials.
I think this belongs in a new thread.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, so forgive me in advance, but could that hair be harvested and transplanted into a human? The hair has that specific person's DNA right?
This is not a dumb question and I read about this being a possibility. I want to ask Mr. Lujan to do this very experiment. I would be willing to be the subject. I have high confidence that once the hair has grown in a mouse and gets transplanted to a human that these grafts will survive and successfully solve the alopecia issue until we find a better way to not involve mice.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not a dumb question and I read about this being a possibility. I want to ask Mr. Lujan to do this very experiment. I would be willing to be the subject. I have high confidence that once the hair has grown in a mouse and gets transplanted to a human that these grafts will survive and successfully solve the alopecia issue until we find a better way to not involve mice.
How many grafts could the mice hold? Would 1000 be possible? If 15 mice would hold 1000 of my grafts, I'll take m home after the procedure and worship them until the day I (of they) die...:)

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many grafts could the mice hold? Would 1000 be possible? If 15 mice would hold 1000 of my grafts, I'll take m home after the procedure and worship them until the day I (of they) die...:)
Well, that would depend on the size of the mouse. I think 1000 grafts is a very conservative number. Personally, I would think they carry no less than 2000. For my situation then about 2 rats would be all I need.