dNovo new promissing player in the stemcell race

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been more than 2 years now.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. It would be cheaper and easier than Tsuji or Stemson, and has the potential to reverse balding just as well if their reprogramming is as successful as claimed, which it seems to be.
when the underlying cause of DP cell depletion is removed in our mouse model, the follicle exhibits an intrinsic capacity for regulative regeneration to produce normal hairs, but only when DP cell number is sufficient to stimulate anagen re-entry. Treatments to arrest follicular decline are available for some forms of human hair thinning, but effective repair of diminished follicles has remained elusive. In our mouse model, the difference of a few DP cells distinguishes whether a follicle will arrest and fail to make a new hair or will re-enter the hair cycle and undergo regenerative repair. This suggests that therapeutic interventions in humans that cause only a minor direct improvement in DP cell number may be sufficient to restore hair cycling and harness the natural regenerative ability of the follicle for further progress towards robust hair growth

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621486/

We can already largely remove the underlying cause of DP cell depletion with dutasteride and AR antagonists.

Last edited:

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so it's time to have a treatment that can restore DP cells.
Finally we begin to have concrete news

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that they will be the first to actually solve male pattern baldness from the root.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys never learn. Every company is ultra optimistic and look like they have cracked it when they are in the mouse stage: it was like that with tsuji (remember the press release about the partnership with Kyocera with pictures of the event) and Stemson (in the beginning they believed they would be doing clinical trials by 2020-2021 already or something like that).

But then when they move from proof of concept to actual pre clinical research things get MUCH more complicated. Organ/Tsuji went bust and Stemson, while still being able to make progress and raise additional funds, missed their initial deadlines and have a much more sober discourse now.

But you guys never learn. Every company that releases a mouse picture showing hair alongside some bold claims will still get your panties wet.

In the end we are all craving for something to work so I can understand that. But I put much more value in a company that is already doing actual pre clinical research versus a 3
people company that is in hype mode with just a mouse pic and some marketing buzzwords to show.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dNovo’s approach is so much better/simple WHY did it take so much for them to raise seed capital despite being founded in 2018?

They were founded in the same year as Stemson but they are at least 2 years behind them, why?
You guys need some common sense.

Do you guys realize this company was founded in 2018 and are still talking about their proof of concept findings? If their approach is so much better then why are them so behind the curve on termos of research and funding?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If dNovo’s approach is so much better/simple WHY did it take so much for them to raise seed capital despite being founded in 2018?

They were founded in the same year as Stemson but they are at least 2 years behind them, why?
You guys need some common sense.

Do you guys realize this company was founded in 2018 and are still talking about their proof of concept findings? If their approach is so much better then why are them so behind the curve on termos of research and funding?
I swear alexy is your dad

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear alexy is your dad
You guys are the ones that brought Stemson’s name in this thread. And I’m not even praising them. I think Stemson is late, but dNevo is even more late since they were founded in the same year as Stemson and are behind them in every main metric (stage of research, funds raised, company size etc.)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are the ones that brought Stemson’s name in this thread. And I’m not even praising them. I think Stemson is late, but dNevo is even more late since they were founded in the same year as Stemson and are behind them in every main metric (stage of research, funds raised, company size etc.)
I don't disagree with that, but they aren't that far behind, and this would be affordable for more people. I don't think it would cost more than 10k

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't disagree with that, but they aren't that far behind, and this would be affordable for more people. I don't think it would cost more than 10k
You are basing this assumption on what? Maybe I missed some articles about them?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because the press releases about dNovo (and their own website) are making their treatment ***seem* simple, we don’t really know much about how their approach really works because they haven’t shared much actual technical information.

Their website basically consists of a mouse pic and an infographic done for the average lay man - written basically like marketing/sales pitch

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
such a price would be very advantageous, but I have a question why would it be so cheap?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you guys know who Paul Graham is?

1643129375041.jpeg
1643129254295.jpeg

1643129284621.jpeg

1643129327889.jpeg

Bro….
Lol

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
such a price would be very advantageous, but I have a question why would it be so cheap?
Because people here read press relasses written by marketing agencies that make their panties wet and then start making ultra optimistic and baseless extrapolations

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because people here read press relasses written by marketing agencies that make their panties wet and then start making ultra optimistic and baseless extrapolations
Do you think this treatment will be permanent and you don't need to repeat it every few years?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think this treatment will be permanent and you don't need to repeat it every few years?
It’s impossible to know or to even speculate about it because the company has shared very little actual technical info about what they are doing.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s impossible to know or to even speculate about it because the company has shared very little actual technical info about what they are doing.
still many years away, this will be for 2000+ generation not for older

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That doesn't really mean anything. They'll get their patent
It means that they are pushing the marketing angle too hard. And people usually do that to overcompensate a lack of product substance. That’s the point Paul G was making I believe.