DMSO

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the general feeling among the posters here about DMSO? HairLossTalk.com?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dangerous. A serious health risk. Simply unnessisary in the male pattern baldness battle. Its a drastic measure for desperate individuals. Stick with the tried and true and dont play around with your body like that.

I read in a forum that if you put DMSO on your finger then stuck it in strawberrie juice, you'll actually TASTE it. Think about that.. that stuff just flows through your membranes as if they were open doors, and takes whatever else along for the ride.

What if you applied a DMSO toppical and then a bird shat on your head?
:freaked2:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Sounds like I better stop using the stuff as an intimate lubricant... hmmmm... tastes like chicken!

G

First it was brought into the hairloss world by people using to enhance the penetration of minoxidil. But then some douche bag named DRAGO, made a big stink about excellent regrowth, which I still think was probably due to minoxidil and was not that great anyway. Then he claims that just DMSO had been producing the results, so many jumped onto the band wagon. It seems the wagon is breaking down. WHY?

First this "OZ brew" contained minoxidil. That' what's f*cking causing the hair growth in most, if not all. However, DMSO can definatley help with absorbtion, and I think there have been some studies on DMSO and hair growth.

It's teh safety of using this sh*t on your head. It's used in household cleaning products, amnong other industrial uses. But again it is also usedfor some medical reasons.

If you think you need the absorbtion boost for minoxidil be careful, but I would not use it as a stand alone treatment.

G

I don't think floor cleaner is a good thing to rub on your head.

It has cancer in 10 years written all over it. Hair won't be an issue anymore, scalp flesh will be the issue in 10 years.

G

bob marley said:
First it was brought into the hairloss world by people using to enhance the penetration of minoxidil. But then some douche bag named DRAGO, made a big stink about excellent regrowth, which I still think was probably due to minoxidil and was not that great anyway. Then he claims that just DMSO had been producing the results, so many jumped onto the band wagon. It seems the wagon is breaking down. WHY?

First this "OZ brew" contained minoxidil. That' what's f*cking causing the hair growth in most, if not all. However, DMSO can definatley help with absorbtion, and I think there have been some studies on DMSO and hair growth.

It's teh safety of using this sh*t on your head. It's used in household cleaning products, amnong other industrial uses. But again it is also usedfor some medical reasons.

If you think you need the absorbtion boost for minoxidil be careful, but I would not use it as a stand alone treatment.

Actually these are two different products. DMSO is sold as a solvent and is not to be used in humans or animals.

DMSO RX grade is used routinely to treat muscle/tendon inflammation in race horses. I use it for the same purpose and it is miraculous in its ability to elimante soreness, bruising and the like. Helps if you whack the heavy bag on a regular basis.

Never researched it for hairloss though!

:hairy:

G

Bruce

For sure there are different grades, however they still must be similar in some properties. Many athletes use it for the same reasons you do, to help absorb inflammtion treatments faster and more effectively.

This may be how it helps with hairloss, as a stand alone. But who knows the safety and long term results form this treament.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Thanks guys for reassuring me that we have thinking individuals here with good heads on their shoulders. Great replies.

HairLossTalk.com

G

jinx83 said:
yes, of course. you guys are so pathetic with your narrow-minded attitude.

Well, lets see, I posted the following:

"Actually these are two different products. DMSO is sold as a solvent and is not to be used in humans or animals.

DMSO RX grade is used routinely to treat muscle/tendon inflammation in race horses. I use it for the same purpose and it is miraculous in its ability to elimante soreness, bruising and the like. Helps if you whack the heavy bag on a regular basis.

Never researched it for hairloss though! "

So, how does this make me narrow minded and pathetic. After I posted that bit, I went into Pub Med and came up with nothing on the use of DMSO and male pattern baldness.

Do you have anything to add to this discussion besides attack??

G

Jinx,

You f*cking little piss ant. Oh no I don't beleive in putting F*cking un-tested bullsh*t on my head. Yeah that makes me really narrow minded.

I bet you would let a cow lick your head and as we speak you are growing your wheatgrass, you f*cking retard.

It's called common sense, douche bag. Of course DMSO, may help with the absorbing minoxidil, but that does not make it safe. Neither does it make it a possible stand alone treatment, and again safety is an issue.

I wish I can eat my words one day, but I doubt it, you little c*m stain.

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow! :shock:

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, oh man. I think this says enough, Bob;
bob marley said:
Of course DMSO, may help with the absorbing minoxidil, but that does not make it safe.
The rest of that post was a little overboard ;) (though Jinx's post was immature)

Jinx,

I have no doubt DMSO can help grow hair. But there is no doctor in the world who will tell you it is a good idea. The fact is that stuff IS unsafe, as it breaks down the epidermal barrier, which is your first line of protection against disease and poisons. Not only that, but all that systemic absorbtion of Minoxidil isn't good for your heart. Hairloss sucks, but it simply isnt worth risking your health to get a bit more out of that minoxidil

jinx83

Reaction score
I know my words are harsh

'Why pathetic' you ask? For the same reason why 'narrow minded'. Because you will bash everything that is not FDA approved. To claim that something doens't work just because there are no studies done to adress that particular isue, doesn't have to mean that sthg doesn't work. People have grown hair from Oz brew like crazy. And that's a FACT, although it doesn't have FDE stamp on it. Why? Because people are reporting of it, and before you come up with a question why sould we believe them, just think well at firstl - what would be the reason for them lying? there's no field here for money profit, or snake-oiling. As you said yourself, it's a home-brew.

Now getting back to the point of DMSO being sooo dangeroues and having NO connection with male pattern baldness - have you really read any articles about dmso? Have you ever heard any info about dmso causing serious health treats or death?? The fact is that there are THOUSANDS of positive articles about DMSO. And there is not one case reporting death from DMSO. And guess what?? You know that such report exists in case of simple aspirin? But people will continue to bash it, just because 'it carries substances through the skin'. Ok, it's a fact. It's also probably a certain fact that if you mixed rat-poison with dmso and applied it to your skin you wold probably kick the bucket - no doubt about it. But still, dmso itself or with some nutrients, as I said above, has it been reported making at least ONE serious harm?? No. Because it's all about being catious. As WITH EVERYTHING today - every medicine and so on. Just look on the back of any medicine box. And people still keep on saying that it's soo baad and dangerous, just because they know it takes substances to the bloodstream. Like I said - 'narrow minded'.

So it's a fact that there are no studies on dmso and hairloss> OK. But bbefore coming out with a claim that it's not woth considering as a valid airloss treatment think of the things that you haven't thought of (yet should have.) There's LOTS of studies proving that DMSO is a potent:
- antiinflamation agent/removes fibrosis/releases NO/is a free radical scavenger - all of which are important male pattern baldness issues that are need to be adressed. Oh, and also one - maybe the most important - study done on human (but not on the hair) showing that DMSO upregulates beta-catenin. Ever heard of Elaine Fuchs and her genetic studies involving beta-catenin and hairgworth? Ones which are probably the most reliabale scientific hope for fight with male pattern baldness? Hmm? NO? Than I suggest having a look. There are so many PROVEN DMSO properties that directly adress the problem of male pattern baldness that you would have to be an idiot not to notice them.

And you were saying something about 'common-sense', bob marley?

And it is guys like BM I feel most sorry for. I know there are some guys here to whom my comment above could have been incorrect (flux, for instance) - so my appologies to those. But guys like BM are pathetic for their cynism and being so presumptious about facts they have no idea bout. What made you call Drago a 'some douche bag' (it seems btw, the only term you operate with) in the first place, huh BM? Was he a scam-artist trying to sell you something? Because that's how you spoke of him, and the only thing he did was sharing how he ahd some success with male pattern baldness. For which he provided detailed descr point-by-point to make things clear. What, was his trouble for, if he *presumably* haven't had success at all?? For sheer fun? Is that really 'common-sense' to think so? And one more thing :

http://bg-forum.com:8080/img/fillin.htm

Do these pcitures really show NO drastic improvement?? Just have a look on the narrowing of the horse-shoe pattern. (and I would like to emphasise the fact that the guys WAS a cue-ball!) You really think that kind of results would be easily managable on the big3 regimen??

I may have been rude with my post. I admit. It's just sad for me to watch a reputable hair loss forum and esp. its posters being stucked at the big3 level. Pure stagnation on these boards. And you should know guys that a man never achieved anything without trying any unconventional things out.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
jinx83 said:
Yes I know my words are harsh
Great, then you wont mind my harsh response to them now..

jinx83 said:
'Why pathetic' you ask? For the same reason why 'narrow minded'. Because you will bash everything that is not FDA approved.
Here we go again with the "HairlossTalk Users Bash Anything that isn't FDA approved" bullshit. Drop it. Just because we don't advocate pouring chemicals on your head that YOU GUYS are reporting is causing blood red eyes and severe side effects and internal head pains... does not mean we bash anything not FDA approved. Nobody here has that stance on it, so do us all a favor and dont let it come out of your mouth ever again. Thanks.

jinx83 said:
To claim that something doens't work just because there are no studies done to adress that particular isue, doesn't have to mean that sthg doesn't work.
Nobody said it didn't work. People said its NOT SAFE. People are right. And your logic here is also terrible. Everything medical science follows on this ENTIRE PLANET for EVERY SINGLE DISEASE that EXISTS known to man is based upon clinical data backing the treatments. There isn't a single doctor on this planet who will advocate the use of something that has NO EVIDENCE backing it. So in general, your comment is completely ignorant and uneducated.

jinx83 said:
People have grown hair from Oz brew like crazy. And that's a FACT, although it doesn't have FDE stamp on it.
People are also reporting ALL OVER THE PLACE side effects with SEVERE pain and bloodshot eyes and any number of other TOXIC responses to the chemicals in the Oz Brew. Even Angela Christiano looked at the whole tonic and FREAKED OUT, right to my face saying "DEAR GOD PLEASE TELL ME those people are not putting that on their heads!". The Scalp peel portion of the Oz Brew includes bloody flaking strips of skin chemically being BURNED from your heads? Great idea. Do you have any idea how insane that is????? If I didn't know Oz better I would take a stab that he is only setting out to prove how incredibly stupid and gullible and desperate people are.

Jinx83 said:
Like I said - 'narrow minded'.
And like we said, gullible, desperate, insane, and stupid. Id rather be what you call narrow minded, which in fact is Safe, Cautious, and Wise.

jinx83 said:
I would like to emphasise the fact that the guys WAS a cue-ball!
Before I looked at the pics, I thought to myself, I bet there isn't a single picture of him looking like a cueball to prove your claim. Then I looked. Surprise! Not a single picture.

He has in fact grown LESS HAIR than Martin grew on a completely safe regimen of Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizoral!!!!!!!!! Look at the one year comparison photos at the top and bottom of this page.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/pgmartin3.htm

Here's another guy on the "Narrow minded Big 3 Regimen" who grew more hair than your friend:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/pggman.htm

And another
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/pgmike.htm

You want us to be impressed by your pictures of peach fuzz using a potentially dangerous toxic chemical? This is why intelligent people with an IQ above 20 are aware of what "Risk Versus Benefit" means. You better grow 100% full heads of hair with a 15 year old hairline if you're going to risk your health like that. Show me pictures of oz brew users growing significantly more hair than the three guys above. Don't show us peach fuzz.

jinx83 said:
It's just sad for me to watch a reputable hair loss forum and esp. its posters being sucked at the big3 level. Pure stagnation.
You're kidding me right? "Sucked at the big 3 level". Pure stagnation? How about you appropriately categorize yourself instead? You're one of the 17% non responders who is angry at Propecia and Rogaine like they were an abusive parent, and now you're lashing out by doing something dangerous and risky because you are desperate, freaking out, and you will do anything including compromise your own health and safety just to get your hair back. I am sorry that you did not respond well to the clinically proven treatments, but to call those that us "narrow minded and stagnant" is just more reflection of your level of intelligence.

I have yet to see a single set of photos from anyone using any of these "cutting edge" tonics that beats out the three guys above who used Propecia and Rogaine. Call us stagnant if you like, but admit the inferior level of hair growth your "cutting edge" treatments are giving in comparison to the "old and stagnant" treatments.

Here are some interesting posts on the OZ brew from a "nonstagnant" forum that "hasnt been sucked into using Minoxidil and Propecia" that you might enjoy:

"Well it has been nearly seven months on OZ brew and IM afraid I am now seeing bad results. I have been shedding big time, like a dog, for the past 2 months. My hair has gone from looking great to looking like s**t. I have decided to stop using DMSO and just use plain minoxidil. I may even add Proscar but am not sure what to do.

What a concept!

"This whole DMSO thing has got me worried. It seems like lately we're getting some bad feedback from people... DMSO ... might be detrimental if continued for a long period of time. Look what happened to Drago. He recently applied a large dose of pure DMSO and suffered a pretty big shed."

Hmmmmmmmmm

"I know it's a bit of a shock, but I've been getting pretty intense headaches lately after an application of the brew. I chalked it up to a coincedence the first few times, but it has been consistent now for the last couple of weeks immediately after application of the brew."

Hmmmmmmmmm

"Call me crazy, but I still wouldn't want to put something into my system that causes headaches in a slightly higher concentration. Many of you bathroom chemists are playing with fire, In My Humble Opinion. Just because it's not causing headaches, doesn't mean it's not causing damage."

Hmmmmmmmmm

"I've been waiking up with a headache every morning the last month or so"

Hmmmmmmmmm

One guy literally passedo ut and fainted in a parking lot a few months ago from using OZ BREW.

Tell us how narrow minded we are again...

HairLossTalk.com

G

HairLossTalk.com, thank you for having patience to answer this guy well, without flaming him.

Jinx, First Douche bag has a great ring to and I love using it. Watch:
Jinx is a douche back. See it's great, i love it.

Oz brew is based on minoxidil, plain and simple.

I hope you know that Drago is trying to set something up to sell. Yeah he's got some trial with a secret ingrediant going on. Way to go Drago!! And for some insane reason he is trying to push his "DHT is good" theories on everyone. F*ck him and f*ck you.

And his results. Honestly go to his website and look at his last picture with his family. Hardly that impressive at all and furthermore is probably due to minoxidil more than anything else.

I'm sorry, but for this bull sH*t to be spread any further is ridiculous.

DO you think that DMSO just slipped under the radar, and some OZ f*cker discovered it. It would have already been neatly packaged and sold, if it was safe and worthwhile.

Cassin

Reaction score
bob marley said:
Jinx,

You f*cking little piss ant. Oh no I don't beleive in putting F*cking un-tested bullsh*t on my head. Yeah that makes me really narrow minded.

I bet you would let a cow lick your head and as we speak you are growing your wheatgrass, you f*cking retard.

It's called common sense, douche bag. Of course DMSO, may help with the absorbing minoxidil, but that does not make it safe. Neither does it make it a possible stand alone treatment, and again safety is an issue.

I wish I can eat my words one day, but I doubt it, you little c*m stain.

HAH! Welcome aboard Bob!

jinx83

Reaction score
And now you showed yourself being pathetic. Why? Because what you did is shaped-shipped facts to suit your point of view and also relied on being presumptious.

"People are also reporting ALL OVER THE PLACE side effects with SEVERE pain and bloodshot eyes and any number of other TOXIC responses to the chemicals in the Oz Brew."

"All over the place" which is where?? It seems what you say is that hairloss forums are flooded with posts of side effects. I;m asking again - where? Where do you find a place where very people flood reports with side effects of dmso? And I mean MANY people not few guys out of the blue. And talkuing about "SEVERE pain"?? Ok where? Maybe after peeling, sure there is a pain. No pains no gains as Oz said once. But you report this as if this pain infected all the body, few parts of it etc. And if there is a pain then it's up to 5 minutes after application. How about people using retin a?? They also burn theitr skins. It's the same matter as well, a matter of dose. "bloodshit eyes" you say?? Again, like everybody's having it! And there's only been only ONE report on HLH titled "DMSO damaged my eyes". And guess what? This guys has also been using contact lenses, which may as well serve as a reason for eye redness or what you dramtaicaly call "bloodshot". And if you really so want to stick scientific data, I would like to enlighten you that DMSO has showed NO effects on human's eye with a human study.

"and any number of other TOXIC " - "any number", wow, again there's a lot of it. tell me where? and TOXIC?? again what?? if you knew better you would be aware that dmso is anti-toxic cleans out your body OUT OF any toxins.

"Well it has been nearly seven months on OZ brew and IM afraid I am now seeing bad results. I have been shedding big time, like a dog, for the past 2 months. My hair has gone from looking great to looking like s**t. I have decided to stop using DMSO and just use plain minoxidil. I may even add Proscar but am not sure what to do. "

- this report came recently from a guy who previously had tremenous results from the brew. And he spoke of that in his post. But yet, you fail to mention that. He also spoke later that he doesn't want to drop dmso at all, but you also fail to mention THAT. And he is THE FIRST to report such a big shedding. And that you FAILED TO MENTION AS WELL. And in his case it's a wise assumption that if the brew caused such a massive regrowth in his case, then the 1st shedding cycle would also be quite massive.

And as for your other quotes - you are extracting single posts from people who are sceptical about dmso. And of course, there's been no treatment which made *all* people satisfied. It's no great effort to extract some negative reports and post them here. But why do you again fail to provide all the positive reports? (with no side effects) Because there's lots of it! The amount of it overweights the negative unquestionably. With no (serious at least) side effects reported. Just have a look here at least:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=

And as far as the headache side-effect?? Well so what? Do you happen to know that it's a common side effect when using dmso? And not harmfull except for the slight pain? It has been estimated a number of times in human *scientific* studies. It's typical and normal. But you make it out as a big UNKNOWN PROBLEM that later on will cause our head to fall off (that's how it sounds any way). So people are getting headaches from dmso. Hey ok, but they are only few, and it's all about individuals susceptibility. You may also get headache from an aspirin or ANY OTHER drug if your body recognises its amount as 'too much'. To those who have headaches from dmso, I will just suggest to drop it or decrease it's concentration. hey, not everyone responds good.

Oh, and all of those "serious side effects" that you report to us from dmso. How are they different in their 'seriousness' to minoxidil side effects or propeica? Huh? Chest pains, puffiness, or limp dick or sometimes GYNO from propecia?? Hmm? have they suddenly gone away? Because I hear people reporting them quite often, well at least in regular time gapses.

"Before I looked at the pics, I thought to myself, I bet there isn't a single picture of him looking like a cueball to prove your claim. Then I looked. Surprise! Not a single picture"

HUh? Excuse me, than what's this??

http://bg-forum.com:8080/img/2000.htm (that's from year 2000)

and this?

http://bg-forum.com:8080/img/nw5.htm

And as for Martin B - I know all about him. But as a leading authority here in hairloss HairLossTalk.com, you should know better that it's more difficult to REGREOW hair from a BALD SCALP, which didn't have air there before for some long time. And that's the case of Drago. He was a NW5, and so his follicles had lesser chance of being brought back to life. Yet, sthg worked. The narrowing of the horsehsoe pattern in the pic I provided before is also obvious. Martin B on the other hand was what? Andvanced NW3 at worst? And had diffuse thinning. And tell me for whom it is more diffcult to grow hair - for those who have been loosing it for a shorter amount of time and with a diffuse pattern, where most of the hair still ARE PRESENT but just need to be kicked back to their normal shape or for those who have had advanced hairloss for over a decade and are NW5 which is practically a cueball??

Sorry but for me you'r not being objective here. That's what I call being 'narrow minded'. You're like a bad tabloid reporter who will edit the material out of the context just to provide "a story".

Oh, and one more thing. You really don't need to make psychological analysis about me being frustrated about minoxidil and propecia because of them not working for me. Doing that is even more of a personal attack than me calling you narrow 'minded' or 'pathetic'.