DIY Rogaine Solution - Ingredients ?

Lucky1313

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have Minoxidil power, propylene glycol, ethanol, distilled water...does anyone know what sort of quantities/ratios I need to make my own 100ml solution ?

I was thinking per 100ml

5g Minoxidil Power
20ml PG
20ml ethanol
55ml distilled water

I know I need to make the minoxidil 5% of the solution but i'm not sure how I convert mg's of powder into millilitres ????

Can anyone advise if the amounts above look ok of PG, Ethanol ect.. look ok ? and what about converting the powder into ml's ?

Thanks

Lucky1313

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I ended up using these recommended ratios from another website for 100ml

5g Minoxidil Powder
30ml PG
65ml ethanol at 75% Alcohol or ( 49ml at 100% alcohol + 16ml of distilled water = 75% )

The minoxidil powder dissolved easily enough but only when the PG and ethanol were heated to around 60 degrees.

Seems to spray well when placed into an old Rogaine bottle and stays on the skin for a good 20mins before evaporating but this is probably because of the high ethanol content ..I think the official Rogaine stays for around 30 mins so I may increase the PG to help this.

any opinions ?

Lucky1313

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only person to try and make my own DIY Regaine ?

Due to the price of Regaine I thought a lot more people would do this as the bottle I made cost about £1.50 a bottle compared to about £20... so I could make 13 DIY bottles for the price of one :D

licysaab

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am planning to DIY Min solution with RU or dutasteride, maybe in next month, I already got min, RU and dutasteride powder on hand.

licysaab

My Regimen
Reaction score
The minoxidil powder dissolved at 60 degree, will Min condensed when temp down to room temp?

Last edited: