Diy Anti-androgen/growth Promoter Topical

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see that some users on this forum have had success to varying degrees with custom-made topical solutions. Some topical formulas that look promising include fiansteride, minoxidil, spironolactone, daro, and estrogen. I am already using homebrewed 0.4% finasteride/5% min solution, and want to fortify it with at least one more ingredient. I'm leaning towards using an estrogen as the third ingredient, perhaps estradiol, because I 'think' its mechanism of action would be complementary, rather than overlapping, with the other two ingredients. I could be wrong. I would like to hear from those who have tried various DIY topicals. Any advice would be appreciated.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Estrogen really is not that effective with hair loss and probably risks systemic absorption. If I were to add another ingredient I would add a TRUE anti-androgen . Like Androcur or RU or CB. If you are just trying this topical out, I would just stick with the Minoxidil and Finasteride.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Estrogen really is not that effective with hair loss and probably risks systemic absorption. If I were to add another ingredient I would add a TRUE anti-androgen. Like Androcur or RU or CB. If you are just trying this topical out, I would just stick with the Minoxidil and Finasteride.
Thanks for the recommendations! I keep reading that estrogen may be great for male hair growth and hair health...It is tempting to try. If I'm hellbent on adding an antiandrogen, which should I go with? Do you not think spironolactone should be a contender?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations! I keep reading that estrogen may be great for male hair growth and hair health...It is tempting to try. If I'm hellbent on adding an antiandrogen, which should I go with? Do you not think spironolactone should be a contender?
So I’ve decided my topical will contain the following: min, finasteride, RU, estradiol (very low dose). I’ve made an order and am waiting for goods.