Disturbing Propecia Story

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, but at least he had a great result in terms of his hair :smack:

I have a very low libido, stomach fat, watery sperm and a wrinkled ball sack, I have no doubt he is being truthful as these symptoms are very similar to mine, Merck's 2% side effect is an understatement.

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
Yes, but at least he had a great result in terms of his hair :smack:

I hope you weren't being serious by that? lol

No amount of hair is worth all of those other things.

The worst part is his symptoms didn't go away.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
It is much much worse than that. I experienced severe penile tissue changes, penile fibrosis, complete loss of prostatic fluid, wrinkled numb scrotum and penis, skin changes, facial tissue changes, weight gain, breast tissue growth, emotional flatness, depression, apathy, and a laundry list of other life destroying symptoms. I am seriously considering suicide as a result of having taken this drug. The worst part is some of the symptoms are immediate while some take months or years to occur and are slow developing and insidious in nature.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ok, I am not a troll, but since starting finasteride these are the list of things I have noticed since starting:

Low libido
weak bladder and poor piss flow
watery sperm
lethargy
slight breast increase
fatty stomach
dark circles / bags under the eyes

There was a point where I noticed blood in my sperm, this was only once and I went to the doctors but they couldn't find anything wrong, I have to say I shat myself and automatically blamed proscar but I could of just been paranoid, I didn't want to mention this here or on the other forums at the time as I could be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5

I have been taking finasteride for two years, a lot of the sides have subsided but the bladder, watery sperm and dark circles / bags under the eyes are still apparent, there is no point stopping if my libido doesn't return, if I become ill and I can prove it then I will sue the arses off Merck, simple as that.

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder why anyone goes near this stuff or even gives it a chance.

Is is possible to take proscar/propecia for a short amount of time and get an idea if you'll react well/badly to it, and come off it if the results aren't good without being lumbered with side effects for life?

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, I also got a weak bladder, shooting pains in uretha, and some other weird urine related symptoms.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
Curious, I got the mental effects immediately but didn't put 2 and 2 together. I kept looking at the official FDA side effects and figured I just had brain damage from something (a stupid assertion looking back on it) so I continued taking the drug for almost two years. The sexual skin/erection changes develop very slowly over time, although on the Dutasteride even they basically happened overnight.

A

Administrator

Yes. People are as much to blame as the Propecia is. If you experience side effects and ignore them, you are not being a responsible consumer. If you have side effects, stop taking it. Simple.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey you aren't getting fat because of propecia. Here's an idea: work out and eat right.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
" If you experience side effects and ignore them, you are not being a responsible consumer. If you have side effects, stop taking it. Simple."

Normally I would agree with you, except that the mental side effects occurred more or less right away but I didn't make the connection with the drug because it wasn't listed as a side effect. The mental side effects caused by the drug also severely affected my judgment as well. If it wasn't affecting my mind then there is absolutely no doubt that I would have been able to realize that what I was experiencing wasn't normal and I would have left running and screaming to the doctor. It's the mental/physical side effect combination that ultimately left me fucked over.

pmill

Reaction score
propecia is pure poison,i dont understand how people could take the risk,,hair vs health...ridiculious

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the facial side-effects of taking Propecia mentioned in this thread. Could someone please elaborate on these? Does taking finasteride result in thinner, more wrinkled skin? Men generally have thicker skin than women whose faces are more delicate and more prone to wrinkling. Is this due to finasteride changing the hormonal balance of dht and oestrogen in the body?

Propecia should never have been released on the market until longer more thorough tests had been carried out. Ever since they've been adding to what is now becoming a long list of side-effects.

Its biggest supporters on this site, those that ridicule people's posts about side-effects, would take anything if they thought it would save their hair and are desperate for Propecia to work for them. It is my opinion that when or if it does, many of these posters ignore obvious side-effects and carry on in denial.

It is obvious that the 2% side-effects figure given out by Merk is ridiculously low and not a true reflection of what people are experiencing in reality. But the nature of male pattern baldness is that most men afflicted with it suffer in silence because there is a social stigma in admitting that male pattern baldness impacts significantly on our lives/confidence and that it affects us so much that we play Russian roulette with insufficiently tested meds to try to halt or reverse the process.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
ok, I am not a troll, but since starting finasteride these are the list of things I have noticed since starting:

Low libido
weak bladder and poor piss flow
watery sperm
lethargy
slight breast increase
fatty stomach
dark circles / bags under the eyes

There was a point where I noticed blood in my sperm, this was only once and I went to the doctors but they couldn't find anything wrong, I have to say I shat myself and automatically blamed proscar but I could of just been paranoid, I didn't want to mention this here or on the other forums at the time as I could be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5

I have been taking finasteride for two years, a lot of the sides have subsided but the bladder, watery sperm and dark circles / bags under the eyes are still apparent, there is no point stopping if my libido doesn't return, if I become ill and I can prove it then I will sue the arses off Merck, simple as that.

You did not experience all that at once right?

There must be millions and millions of men on this planet that have been through that and never ever touched finasteride.

And through the coarse of history before finasteride ever existed or even antibiotics and vaccination existed.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
They are common symptoms of androgen deprivation. Finasteride is an ANTI ANDROGEN. It wasn't just coincidence you f*****g clown.