Discussion on the new Revivogen Study

Charly

Reaction score
JH, so are you still on revivogen and Admin, hows the spironolactone alone working........and how long did you use Revivogen cause I know you mentioned it helped you for about 6 years.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jh said:
Exactly 14 days into using Revivogen, I started shedding what seemed like handfuls of hair. I freaked out too, but rode it out.
What kind of results did you get? Maintenance, regrowth, or both? Do you apply every night and wash out in the morning?

Does anyone else here plan to start using revivogen or is currently using it?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I still use Revivogen. I started in April of 2006.

I had been taking finasteride and using minoxidil for about 9 months beforehand. At the time, I was very concerned about hairloss - always wore hats, avoided mirrors. Becuase I couldn't stand seeing how bad things had gotten, I didn't take any pictures for comparison. As for results, I have maintained and also had some regrowth, but I couldn't tell you how much.

I also use rogaine foam and folligen.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how much is revivogen and how does it compare with spironolactone?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bh 90, weren't you going to post pics of your hair after 6 months or something showing the results of all your natural treatments? I don't know how long it's been since you made that post.

Echelon998

Reaction score
I'm 22 and about to embark on my quest to prevent hair loss. I'm a student with a pretty decent chem background, and although I don't claim to understand everything, this study feels legit to me. I'm not going to go on propecia. It just doesn't seem right to me to go messing with with my systemic hormone levels for the rest of my life, I would way rather just go bald.

minoxidil seems dumb to me because it doesn't inhibit DHT. So...

I'm going to start up revivogen for a year and just see where it takes me. It's really the only noteworthy topical DHT inhibitor I can find. I'll keep an eye on this forum and everything and keep some detailed pictures.

Someone mentioned paying a newbie to be a test subject.....
I would be more than willing to be a public spectacle, even if it's just for a discount or something. Pictures/name...whatever

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I think you guys should try Revivogen if spironolactone. doesn't work for you. The study wasn't in vivo but it still was pretty good IMHO.

If you can't use it everyday, so be it. Use it when you can.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Echelon, I felt the same way you do a long time ago about Revivogen. Not to many users reported success on it, but while I was trying to do research on it it all seemed to make sense to me, so I bought it despite many people's lack of faith in it(at least at these forums it seems). I tried it and was EXTREMELY optimistic when I first started. I felt like I had hair loss pretty much beat from the beginning. I could not stop staring at the ingredients in the bottle b/c they looked like a real nice combo b/c I heard so much about each of them several times during my hair loss research. Close to a month in I experienced a real bad shed and just panicked despite knowing that this was supposed to happen. I actually think I was fine with the shedding, it was just that my hair also seemed thin and limp as well that really got to me. It was not like that pre-revivogen. So I just quit it mainly b/c I just used the fact that not many people here believed in this product and it was too much of a risk if I continued to use it. I just recently got back on it b/c my hair definitely is getting worse, so I'm just gonna stick with it this time....hopefully I'll pull through this time.

Check out some of the reviews about this product on youtube comments of a video on revivogen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQdW5fj9zw

All the speccers out there should express your thoughts about Revivogen.

-rp

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I posted this once before but I'm going to post it again for this thread:

Q: The very fact that you would produce a topical DHT inhibitor implies that you don't feel that blood levels of DHT are significant in balding. Can you justify this point of view or provide evidence to support it?

A: The blood levels of DHT may play a minor role in Androgenetic Alopecia but it is the locally produced DHT which plays the major role. If you look at any physiology text book (such as Guyton's Medical Physiology) you can see that the majority of DHT production takes place at the site where it exerts its effects. Also there is a high concentration of type 2 isoenzyme within the hair follicle itself and a higher concentration of the type 1 form within the scalp and sebaceous glands which feed into the hair follicle. Together they can produce more DHT locally than what blood brings to the hair follicle. Also most researchers now believe that it is the locally produced DHT that is involved in Androgenetic Alopecia rather than the circulatory DHT. Finally there is new evidence about effectiveness of topical inhibition of DHT on hair growth by Dr. Christiano which provides support for this theory.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productrevi ... erview.htm

Good explanation on why topical is better than internal. Also, I want to know why CCS hates Saw Palmetto so much? Is it b/c you have already tried it internally? They say that only 2% of Saw palmetto gets distributed to the scalp if taken internally(I'm not sure as a fact though...that's what I've heard). It might be different topically. PME, revivogen is primarily used to stop hair loss...not regrowing hair...but if you're a real good responder then it's possible to regrow hair like the pictures posted on their website b/c they do include some few mild natural regrowing agents(GSE w/ B-2) in their formula.

JWM

Reaction score
Whether this new study is legit or not (or for that matter, whether Revivogen is legit or not) you have to admit, their sales are likely going to skyrocket.

Jacob

Reaction score
From researching and testing other ingredients that could potentially be used in Revivogen, we are currently not adding any new ingredients. This is due to the fact that maximal inhibition of DHT has been achieved with the active ingredients of Revivogen since the active ingredients that are being used in the current Revivogen formula are the most potent of all the ingredients available to us that are natural.

That was Dr. Khadavi. Then he adds 2 more "anti-dht" ingredients. Explain that.

I've always thought these guys were very good at marketing their product. I've never bought into it though.

Jacob

Reaction score
He never responded to my question on this via email or on another hairloss website, btw. :thumbdown2:

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He said "currently not adding," not "never adding." He also says that the natural ingredients he had at the time were the most potent known at the time, so why add anymore if you have the best known ingredients available? You learn everyday.

What was your question? I also did not like the way he responded to my questions but overall he was pretty good.

Jacob

Reaction score
This is due to the fact that maximal inhibition of DHT has been achieved with the active ingredients of Revivogen since the active ingredients that are being used in the current Revivogen formula are the most potent of all the ingredients available to us that are natural

At the time or not- MAXIMAL INHIBITION OF DHT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. Adding new anti-dht'rs would be pointless then.

My question was basically pointing out what he said then after the addition of the 2 new ingredients some months later(I may look some time to see how much time did pass, although it doesn't matter)- I wanted a response to that. This was at Morphollica, and he had the option of answering it or not(the ?'s are not posted until they're answered). He chose not to. The same for the emails.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Are the study talking about the shampoo or the serum?

Michael Barry, my genius man, do you use Revivogen on your head? And have you added any more topicals to your shampoo?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
At the time or not- MAXIMAL INHIBITION OF DHT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. Adding new anti-dht'rs would be pointless then.

My question was basically pointing out what he said then after the addition of the 2 new ingredients some months later(I may look some time to see how much time did pass, although it doesn't matter)- I wanted a response to that. This was at Morphollica, and he had the option of answering it or not(the ?'s are not posted until they're answered). He chose not to. The same for the emails.

...How about you check out the definition of "maximal." Besides ...he already defined how much DHT is blocked through his studies, so his definition of maximal COULD NOT mean 100%...it's 90+%...that means there's room to make improvement, but at the same time it's the best possible blocker available(what maximal means).

Maximal:

A point in Q that is dominated by no other points in Q.
highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0070131511/student_view0/chapter33/glossary.html
the greatest or most complete or best possible; "maximal expansion"; "maximum pressure"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Jacob

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me....

Anyone reading that with any common sense knows what they mean by "maximal inhibition of DHT". They left no room for improvement. That's why they won't respond to what I brought up :shakehead:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/maximal

max·i·mal

–adjective of or being a maximum; greatest possible; highest.

Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.

Being the greatest or highest possible.

n. Mathematics

An element in an ordered set that is followed by no other.

adjective

the greatest or most complete or best possible; "maximal expansion"; "maximum pressure"

Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.

Being the greatest or highest possible.

This one says it all:

Function: adjective

1 : most complete or effective <maximal dental protection> <maximal vasodilation>

2 : being an upper limit <the maximal levels achieved

Again, their response was to a question about adding new ingredients. Then they add 2 new ingredients- both "anti-dht". Couple that with the fact that they didn't want to even address this issue, either by email or in an expert Q&A section.

Jacob

Reaction score
BTW..the 90% you seem to be referring to is from this new "study", correct? What was it before?

And I think someone else already mentioned this..I wonder how Revivogen would have compared to the others had the others been in a similar vehicle.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob,

I think what is significant here is that the tests were on something similar to human skin. The earlier Revivogen advertisements claimed ingredients that could inhibit 5AR by 98% but the studies were on hamster flank organs. As far as I'm aware there was really no way to quantify DHT reduction of the earlier formula (or the current one) on human subjects until now; even so, only a biologist can determine how similar RHE is to actual human skin.

Provided RHE and skin are pretty similar, even if finasteride/dutasteride in a different vehicle got greater reductions in DHT levels (90% or higher), it would still indicate that revivogen is a pretty effective topical treatment.