Discussion on the new Revivogen Study

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
to anyone whos used revivogen - is it really, really greasy? i dont mind it being a pain to apply its just the tackiness i cant stand especially when im in bed. cheers.

Personally I don't think it's that greasy, and I really like the smell. Also, I've been using it for fourth months and like it so much that I'd drop minoxidil from my regimen before I dropped it. Just make sure you wrap your hand in saran wrap or something similar so the product doesn't get absorbed into your fingers instead of the scalp. This way your topicals will last way longer...

Dr. B

Reaction score
I think this is really good info and I agree with most of the findings and conclusions. It's good to hear some personal feedback as I am a pretty pharmaceutical biased person. I've been doing a lot of research on organics lately and have been hearing good things on this product.

JWM

Reaction score
Michael Barry

Whoah, whoah. So it is your belief that Tricomin may act as a 5ar inhibitor? Am I following you correctly? Wouldn't this be an IDEAL tool if so since it addresses TWO factors of baldness (SOD and AA)?

JamesVegas

Reaction score
Did this study actually use the marketed Revivogen formula?

From what I read in these posts, the study proved "the compounds /in/ Revivogen" reduce DHT by a certain percentage, not that the actual diluted mixture that you can purchase reduce DHT.

Also, for whomever said that Revivogen seemed more "legit" because it was not made cosmetically acceptable with the addition of panthenol and similar fillers -- please check the ingredients listing. It includes fake frangrances, synthetic colorings, alcohol, and parabens (toxic, but dirt-cheap antibacterials.) That's as consumer pleasing, drugstore-junk-product-esque as it gets.

Really, if the study just proved the efficacy of certain compounds that Revivogen contains (in undiscolsed amounts) -- I'd rather buy the compounds themselves, or seek a supplier of a mixture that will reveal the concentrations of each proven component.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree w/ JamesVegas point of view. I haven't even opened the study, so I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but you guys are acting like the compounds in revivogen study inhibiting DHT is actually new..? :dunno:

Geox

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
revivogen stopped my hairloss while propecia only slowed it down while destroying my libido
I can say that and for me, revivogen reduced (if not stopped) my hairloss after ~4 months of use.I still loose some hairs when i wash my head or apply the revivogen or any other topical, but the hairs i am loosing are about 10-20.. (before the treatment i was loosing more than 100).
Yes, it leaves a red color on your skin.
However, i put it before go for sleep, and the morning i wash my head...

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can say that and for me, revivogen reduced (if not stopped) my hairloss after ~4 months of use.I still loose some hairs when i wash my head or apply the revivogen or any other topical, but the hairs i am loosing are about 10-20.. (before the treatment i was loosing more than 100).
Yes, it leaves a red color on your skin.
However, i put it before go for sleep, and the morning i wash my head...
How long were you using it before you noticed it was working? Did you shed alot more in the early stages?

danish82

Reaction score
College -> How many mg of finasteride would you have to use, in a 60ml minoxidil, to make the same concentration as this study? For us poor folks who cant afford reviogen now. 67 % Dht inhibitation, that I can live with..

Geox

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
How long were you using it before you noticed it was working? Did you shed alot more in the early stages?
I shed a lot, i can say, after third week. To be honest, i was afraid of that and i was thinking to stop using it and go for Proscar.
Before stop it, i searched on Revivogen's site and here of course and i read that shedding is something good (?) for treatment.
I noticed that is working (or something is changed in my hairs) after 3nd to 4nd month. Every week my hairs got thicker (for example the hairs that dropped to my hand when i was applied the topicals was 1-2 thick and the others thin as thin was everytime i shed before any treatment.Every week the thicker hairs was more than the thin etc. This may be my imagination , i don't know).
I believe that if i use Rogaine every day (right now i am using Tricomin every day and rogaine every other day) maybe i will see better regrowth, but i can't handle the sides (headaches mostly)...

Sorry for my English

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
JamesVegas said:

From what I read in these posts, the study proved "the compounds /in/ Revivogen" reduce DHT by a certain percentage, not that the actual diluted mixture that you can purchase reduce DHT..

From the study itself:

Test compound
Revivogen Scalp
Therapy
batch 07-06

(AD070315/2)
Liquid supplied by the study
promoter and stored at room
temperature.

Also, I think the study is noteworthy because the intial studies that showed fatty acids reduced DHT levels tested hamster flank organs. A legitimate question was whether the same inhibition would occur when Revivogen had to penetrate through layers of human skin. If the study is to be trusted, the answer appears to be yes.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
revivogen is what i believe stopped my shedding. Yes it has a strong smell (think melted crayons) Yes it leaves ur scalp orange redish.......Yes i was losing 100+ hairs prior to revivogen. Yes it totaly stopped my shedding.

My nights: Wash hair with nizoral 2%, towl dry hair, use hairmax laser comb, aply a liberal amount of revivogen. :firing:

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jh said:
JamesVegas said:

From what I read in these posts, the study proved "the compounds /in/ Revivogen" reduce DHT by a certain percentage, not that the actual diluted mixture that you can purchase reduce DHT..

From the study itself:

Test compound
Revivogen Scalp
Therapy
batch 07-06

(AD070315/2)
Liquid supplied by the study
promoter and stored at room
temperature.

Also, I think the study is noteworthy because the intial studies that showed fatty acids reduced DHT levels tested hamster flank organs. A legitimate question was whether the same inhibition would occur when Revivogen had to penetrate through layers of human skin. If the study is to be trusted, the answer appears to be yes.

Dammit, I can't believe I stopped after one month then. I was shedding like crazy maybe I should get back on it.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
to me shedding a lot would be an awesome thing after a month. because you know its doing something and chances of it actually destroying your hair to never come back is like .000000000000001. huge sheds after a month of a treatment should encourage a lot of people that its doing something in their scalp. just buzz cut your hair for couple of months and wait for it all to come back in.

michael barry

Reaction score
JWM,

Yes on tricomin. It has menthol. Menthol is an anti-androgen. Menthol is also in revivogen and its shampoo.

Trenchant,
Young balding men DO INDEED get some regrwoth with anti-androgens, especially in the back. If the area is fibrotic or slick-bald no. That is why revivogen could benefit from MORE photos than what it currently posts on its site. It has two or three pretty good ones.

The grape seed proanthocyandins have recently been shown to cause apoptosis by upping one pathway that has been implicated in hair cell apoptosis. This isn't good, and I wish Revivogen would replace grape seed proanthocyandins with either barley or apple proanthocyandins in their forumla. My opinion.

I put revivogen on my wrist hair almost three years ago, and at three months it really reduced it. The worry is, that it STILL hasn't grown back to match the hair on the other wrist. Menthol on the other hand (peppermint oil with water) reduced beard hair equally as well, but the beard follicles are already slowly coming back to to equal the beard hair on the other side of my chin.

Green tea extract I made myself with capsules, water....................and added Pure Grain Alcohol afterwards from the liquor store at a 50/50 concentration are reducing beard hair on my right cheek at a bit over one month. At month three I'll be able to render a verdict, but so far Im noting weaker and lighter beard hairs. It looks good so far. Perhaps another topical anti-androgen has been found.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
phish said:
to me shedding a lot would be an awesome thing after a month. because you know its doing something and chances of it actually destroying your hair to never come back is like .000000000000001. huge sheds after a month of a treatment should encourage a lot of people that its doing something in their scalp. just buzz cut your hair for couple of months and wait for it all to come back in.

Yea, I know but the reason I stopped was because my hair looked and felt alot thinner as well....so I panicked..but I'm going to get back on it b/c my hair isn't getting any better. I also didn't understand if Revivogen was legit then why I rarely heard about it's success on hair loss forums. If I go bald ....I'm just going to go bald using Revivogen. I really don't care as much as I used to....I'm not as sensitive to hair loss as I was a few months ago. Just so you know, out of all the products I've used, Revivogen had created the most noticeable and increased shedding out of all the prducts I've used including finasteride. Hairs were falling out almost as if they weren't ever attached in the first place...lol, but maybe that was a good thing.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
The grape seed proanthocyandins have recently been shown to cause apoptosis by upping one pathway that has been implicated in hair cell apoptosis. This isn't good, and I wish Revivogen would replace grape seed proanthocyandins with either barley or apple proanthocyandins in their forumla. My opinion.

I remember reading the reason why he uses GSE instead of apple poly @ Revivogen site and here it is:
Revivogen said:
You use grape sead extract in your product for hair growth..Why dont you add apple polys since they grow more hair then grape sead extract...Apple polys are all the rage on hairloss websites these days,Users claim better results from using apple polys then even Minoxidil ..Why dont you add it to Revivogen it would make your product even better...and its natural

The form of Proanthocyanidins that has the most hair stimulating effects is B-2 form of oligomers. B-2 Procyanidins occur in both apple and grape seed extracts. Revivogen utilizes grape seed extract with additional B-2 Procyanidin that will ultimately have more B-2 than the apple form. This will result in the best hair stimulation into the anagen phase.

bold

Reaction score
I've been away some time and now when I came back everything is changed, rogaine foam is inferior compared to the liquid and now this :D

I've been using big 3 for 6months, what to do?

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
bold said:
I've been away some time and now when I came back everything is changed, rogaine foam is inferior compared to the liquid and now this :D

I've been using big 3 for 6months, what to do?

The foam is inferior compared to the liquid? Where did you get this info from?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Just so you know, out of all the products I've used, Revivogen had created the most noticeable and increased shedding out of all the prducts I've used including finasteride. Hairs were falling out almost as if they weren't ever attached in the first place...lol, but maybe that was a good thing.

Funny. I had the exact same experience. On the Revivogen website, it says that you may start shedding between weeks two and four. Exactly 14 days into using Revivogen, I started shedding what seemed like handfuls of hair. I freaked out too, but rode it out.

Nothing I used (not finasteride, rogaine, or folligen) came close to the shedding caused by Revivogen.