Discussion about hair and finasteride

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all.. Just looking for someone to relate with.

Does anyone here have diffused thinning but have it slowed down or halted with finasteride?

If you're on Finasteride and a diffuse thinner, what's your experience with finasteride if it was positive? Is your hair thin and diffused but is stable?

My hair is all diffused and covers fully when combed, but if I try mess it up or pull it forward or move the hairs the scalp is easily shown. I'm wondering if anyone else has this... Just full diffused coverage, but if you move the hair scalp shows. Been on Finasteride for 6 months, switched to 1mg on the 3rd month. I have baby hairs growing, but 0 regrowth on my scalp. Probably only going to get slowed down balding.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a diffuse thinner and the loss is stabilised on finasteride. Even seen regrowth.

But finasteride works really slow. There have been months where I would look in the mirror and get that sinking heart feeling noticing hairloss progressed but then there are months where it all comes back. I realised it’s the shedding and I have only started finasteride for a year(?) now and gone through such sheds twice now.

I think finasteride might just be able to revive even more of my dying follicles, they did say finasteride results improve up until 24 months or more?

I take it 0.2-0.5mg EOD, sometimes twice a week only. finasteride has really long half life in scalp and so I don’t see a point to using full 1mg

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a diffuse thinner and the loss is stabilised on finasteride. Even seen regrowth.

But finasteride works really slow. There have been months where I would look in the mirror and get that sinking heart feeling noticing hairloss progressed but then there are months where it all comes back. I realised it’s the shedding and I have only started finasteride for a year(?) now and gone through such sheds twice now.

I think finasteride might just be able to revive even more of my dying follicles, they did say finasteride results improve up until 24 months or more?

I take it 0.2-0.5mg EOD, sometimes twice a week only. finasteride has really long half life in scalp and so I don’t see a point to using full 1mg
Thanks bro.

I understand. My hair is fully disused but when combed it's fine. It's just once I move my finger through or scrunch it, you can feel its thin. I hope finasteride keeps the hair. I have hairline regrowth, but no scalp, it's like finasteride is working the opposite way. Hopefully your hair stays fine too. 24 months is ages but yeah apparently some say peak results take that long

meoinstein

My Regimen
Reaction score
The finasteride should work for you if your hair loss type is DUPA. Cuz DUPA is one kind of androgenetic alopecia. And I assume your hair loss type is DUPA cuz its symtoms are pretty similar with it

If you feel like it's not working even after an year of taking finasteride, you can switch to dutasteride and see if it works

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The finasteride should work for you if your hair loss type is DUPA. Cuz DUPA is one kind of androgenetic alopecia. And I assume your hair loss type is DUPA cuz its symtoms are pretty similar with it

If you feel like it's not working even after an year of taking finasteride, you can switch to dutasteride and see if it works
DUPA is losing hair on the sides. My hair on the sides are very thick, I have diffused unfortunately... And finasteride is only halting it at best.