Discounted Generic Propecia (or Any Rx) From Us Pharmacies With Coupon From Goodrx. Anyone Try This?

Jyn

Reaction score
Since it's used for cosmetic reasons, insurances don't cover Propecia so I assume all of us pay out of pocket for it. I pay around $130 for 90 tablets of the generic from Walmart. I recently discovered goodrx, they have coupons available which makes it much cheaper. I'm getting close to needing a refill so I'll give this a try, while prices are posted, the details indicate the local pharmacy sets the final price so you really won't know what you'll get charged til you try. Here's the link for generic Propecia 90 count, you can adjust the quantity and change to brand name as well:

http://www.goodrx.com/propecia?drug...ty=90&days_supply=&label_override=finasteride

If anyone has used this coupon before, please relate your experience. This seems almost too good to be true to go from $130 to $40 for a 90 day supply.

UPDATE: I tried the coupon today at Walmart when I did my refill, it took her awhile to process it but the price for generic Propecia 90 count was $81 so I saved about $50 compared to what I usually pay. I wish I knew about this before. I was going to try it at Safeway who had it even cheaper as the site said $40 however I was going to run out in a few days and I'd have to transfer my rx over to even find out the pricing, so I decided not to as it would take some work without being sure of the price. I'll try that next time.

UPDATE 2: I used the coupon at Safeway Pharmacy and the price was as Goodrx advertised, $40 for 90 count Generic Propecia.

UPDATE 3: The latest Goodrx coupon for generic Propecia 100 count brought the price down to $16.65, yep sixteen dollars not a misprint. It was $19 something on the coupon but the actual pharmacy price was even lower.

Last edited:

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very curious about this. Will try it out when I can.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Wow 40 a month seems like a lot for a drug that has been off patent that long. I am not on it anyway, but if I did try it the prices do seem pretty high still

Wowjpk

Reaction score
You're overpaying..

I got a 6 month supply from alldaychemist ( 150x1mg) for 48 bucks. You can get the 5mg too which ends up being cheaper but too much of a hassle for me.

Jyn

Reaction score
You're overpaying..

I got a 6 month supply from alldaychemist ( 150x1mg) for 48 bucks. You can get the 5mg too which ends up being cheaper but too much of a hassle for me.

I prefer getting my prescriptions from US based pharmacies.