Disappointed by HASCI "hair stem cell" transplants: permanent redness and low density

IliasIlias

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: 2017-11-17

I've had some issues in my personal and business life, including a death in the family, which have prevented me from investing much time until now, but I will be following up soon. Unfortunately, it seems that the HASCI exposed website is now offline. I'm glad I copied some information to this forum before it disappeared. Once again, I would like to call on more people who have been scammed by the Hair Science Institute to speak up and/or reach out to me. I am considering a class action lawsuit since not only has HASCI lied about the regeneration, they also mutilated me with their shoddy work.

I wish I still had the option of going bald gracefully, but because of the thick hairs they implanted where they do not belong, and the permanent redness and swelling, that will never again be an option. I've been consulting with other doctors and it seems that the best course of action might be to undo the work HASCI did, and then implant thinner hairs with the correct orientation and density in their place.
I'm also scammed by HASCI. I have started lawsuit against him. Can you please send me an private message!

ken1987

Reaction score
1. Yes, Gho is a charlatan. Dunno why he is able to claim regeneration, while it's bullsh*t. Also, I don't think Gho is a good hair transplant surgeon at all.

I wish more experts would speak up about this and discredit Dr. Gho for making false claims by providing evidence to the contrary. This would be useful in order to present in court as expert testimonials. There is a moral obligation, in my opinion, to keep more people from becoming victims.

As you can see in the 1's section, almost all grafts actually consist of 2 hairs, but only one of them has a graft attached (the 'bulb'), so these correctly will only generate one hair. So what happens is that HASCI drills a 2 hair graft, transects one hair and ejects the other half including its follicle. This effectively is the splitting of natural occurring follicular units, or grafts. The result is that in recipient one hair will grow, but also in the donor, one hair will grow back where the graft was ejected ! This is key to HASCI's regrowth fable. But of course, this isn't really regrowth, it's just a 2 hair graft that's being split up in two halves while one half is moved to recipient and the other one stays in donor.

Dr. Gho claims that they don't take I's or II's, they supposedly take only a part of it by transsection which according to them can grow into a I, II or III-hair graft in the recipient while the donor also survives. Could anyone point me to any evidence to the contrary? I need this to prepare my lawsuit.

ScienceHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I had a treatment done by HASCI. I had my hairline lowered slightly and a scar on my beard on my upper lip area worked on (hair put there). I truly don't know if hairs regrew in the donor area but the hairs in the new areas did grow and they grew well. Mine was done this past September. I'm actually very happy with the work. Some of the new hairs came in 'squiggly' but I am told that over time after they go through their natural phases they will become normal. The scar on my beard is about 50% better than before.

It did take months for new hairs to grow. At first there was a bunch of hairs, some fell out and over time new ones appeared. They told me and I experienced that it took a full 6 months before all the hairs grew in and the full density appeared.

I truly don't know and wish I did if the donor hairs came back. My procedure was not pain free but definitely not painful. The hardest part was days of serious itching, both in the donor and recipient area. It itched soooooo bad in the donor area for days. They gave me lots of creams and pills to help, but wow it itched.

Overall I am very happy with the results and glad I did it. Hope this helps!

ScienceHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if my regimen helped make things go better. I'm using minoxidil 5% 2x per day, finasteride 6 days / week plus a single Dutasteride once a week. I also use Nizoral. I tried the laser stuff before I did this procedure but all it did was give me an awful headache.

Mike Jacob

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is nothing like ''steam cell hair transplant'. Even if there is, be skeptical about that. If someone come you and say ''the latest technique'', just ignore. Marketing and health are different terms.

- 10. hair transplant? This should be joke.

I hope the best for you.

Phatalis

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a HASCI procedure as well.

I give it a C. Definitely a weird pattern I want to try to fix later. They added a widows peak I never had before. Definitely thinner than others I've seen. I hope they didn't damage my donor. I've consulted with another surgeon who said it looks fine.

They definitely suck ***.

I had 1400 for the hairline and temples.