DIRTRIDER67 14 month update w/pics

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
well, here we are 14 months later. i can pretty say that there is no new growth. i am very happy with the 1471 hair transplant grafts that i had done. i am considering a second procedure to thicken up my first procedure a bit. i was thinking maybe 700-1000 to fill in. it's not bad the way it is and i had great success with my first procedure and it truely changed my appearence. i may wait to till the 2 year mark and see how things are comming along to make my final discision. as you can see in the pics, in different lighting it appears very thin and you can see scalp. but for the most part, it looks pretty good considering i had no hair in the hairline at all. keep in mind that the pics were taken when my hair was wet. it looks a lot fuller dry. i'll work on getting some dry pics.
10-10-07devyn007.jpg

10-10-07devyn008.jpg

10-10-07devyn010.jpg

10-10-07devyn011.jpg

G

DR,

Glad to see you just put up some recent pics. Such a change from your before pics! Now you do wear your hair dry right? If yes, can you put some up with dry hair because that's what you want to use as your base point.

I think if you were to add roughly 1500 - 2000 more in the frontal third, you'll be pretty happy because it will give the illusion of added density without overkilll based on your age. Obviously you won't be dropping your hairline at all right?

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i like the wet look but i don't put any hair hold product in so it dries and stays the same. it looks a lot thicker when dry. i'll get some dry pics up to compare.

my fear with getting a second procedure is permanent shockloss. i've done very well with my first procedure and am afraid of tainting it. sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

i never really dwelled on lossing my hair the way some of these guys on here do and my hair started receiding at 19. i just lived my life and had some fun. i always got lucky if you know what i mean. it wasn't until my wife and i seperated that i desided to make a change. i did some research and found that hair transplant's have come a long way in the past 10 years so i just went for it and it was a great move. i am glad i did it! i was 39 when i did it and i'm almost 41 now. my hair looks better now than it did 20 years ago. i'm also happy to say that my wife and i have reconsiled. i went back to her 5 months after i got my hair transplant so i won't give credit to the hair transplant for the reconsile because i hadn't much growth when we started working things out but she does love the new hair.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks FALC, if you do a search under my user name you can see all the pics i have posted from the start.

i used DR GARBUTT in san diego, ca.

yes, it is a little thin but a big improvement from where i was 14 months ago. here is a pic a week or so before i had my procedure. i was just goofing around to see what it might look like. but, as you can see, i had very little hair in my frontal.
before
4c2c8bc4.jpg

14 months post op
10-10-07devyn011.jpg

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congratulations man, these are very nice results.

Where have you heard about permanent shockloss? Is this possible? If any experienced user here has any idea about it i would like him to comment on that :)

G

I never knew Mona lost her hair!

DR,

You can also wait until you lose most of your natural hair by progression before you have another hair transplant.