Diminished sex drive

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you guys have been great.

I honestly think not smoking herb is going to have the biggest impact. I dont really ever feel awake nowadays. It helped me get through a real rough patch in my life, but things are seriously picking up, and I want to feel alive again.

That being said, I do know for certain that the finasteride has had an effect. Hell, that is the reason I came here for advice. finasteride really is a catch-22.

badasshairday said:
I have heard of horney goat weed and L-arginine being used as libido boosters. Just get back into shape man!
Thats the plan!

Thank you all for your help. I'm actually feeling a bit more spry already. And good luck to you guys in a similar boat.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
flux said:
finasteride really is a catch-22.

Yeah, why couldnt it just have sides like vomiting for a while or headaches and tirdness, but sex drive etc! Dammit!!!! I like my sex life lol

Jm0311

Reaction score
did u try lowering your finasteride dose? what sides did u get again?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
did u try lowering your finasteride dose? what sides did u get again?
Who are you talking to, m8? The previous poster, or me?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
both i guess....hauntedballroom more though

Well, I was extremly paranoid about sides from the start so that would make the problem a hell of alot worse. There were a few times where about to have sex and nothing was happening downstairs. Thats possibly physcological, but I also had no morning erections or nocturnal ones for almost two weeks. (There are tests you can do to check nocturnal ones). I took that as a bad sign so I stopped without reducing the dosage. I didnt want to wait to see if it would pass incase I was in the percentage of people who seem to get very drastic sides.
Now im looking for an altervative dht blocker but dosnt seem like there is much that compares to finasteride. If I cant find anything, I may get back on it and try reducing the dosage and hope that it works out

Jm0311

Reaction score
yea maybe try .25 or .50 EOD. along with like some spironolactone Cream
im still deciding on my regime as well. I need temple regrowth so definetely i guess Foam. and spironolactone cream with my revita and nizoral..wouldnt be too bad i guess. if i notice i am receding more im gonna get on finasteride.

depress

Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
Jm0311 said:
both i guess....hauntedballroom more though

Well, I was extremly paranoid about sides from the start so that would make the problem a hell of alot worse. There were a few times where about to have sex and nothing was happening downstairs. Thats possibly physcological, but I also had no morning erections or nocturnal ones for almost two weeks. (There are tests you can do to check nocturnal ones). I took that as a bad sign so I stopped without reducing the dosage. I didnt want to wait to see if it would pass incase I was in the percentage of people who seem to get very drastic sides.
Now im looking for an altervative dht blocker but dosnt seem like there is much that compares to finasteride. If I cant find anything, I may get back on it and try reducing the dosage and hope that it works out

Lack of morning wood is not caused by psychological problems. I had similar problems on finasteride

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
What in the world is the test that you can do to check for nocturnal erection. Please share.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its a normal sleep test.
They put a strain gauge around your penis and it measures if you get an erection or not at night.

They use it to test impotence.
<---sleep tech

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably not worth it for me to get one I take it. I am sure I am OK plus I am fully committed to the Propecia love for life.