Dim For Excess Estrogen Side Effects

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone’s had any experiences with DIM in regards to high estrogen levels? If so, did it help with the side effects? I’m currently taking dutasteride and have slightly elevated estrogen levels, and some minor estrogenic sides. Also, is there any theoretical way it can aggravate hair loss?
Thanks!

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get your estrogen levels tested. While Finasteride should not cause too much of an estrogen issue, Duasteride can.

Taking something like .1mg of Arimidex daily (less than a regular dose pill taken ED per week) with your Duasteride should help keep Estrogen levels normal. DIM is not strong enough to combat high estrogen, especially if you are getting side effects.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get your estrogen levels tested. While Finasteride should not cause too much of an estrogen issue, Duasteride can.

Taking something like .1mg of Arimidex daily (less than a regular dose pill taken ED per week) with your Duasteride should help keep Estrogen levels normal. DIM is not strong enough to combat high estrogen, especially if you are getting side effects.
Yeah I’ve had my estrogen levels checked. I don’t remember the exact figure, but my doctor said they were only slightly raised.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether or not DIM can exacerbate hair loss or if anyone’s had a bad experience in regards to more having more loss. I just need to be completely sure.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether or not DIM can exacerbate hair loss or if anyone’s had a bad experience in regards to more having more loss. I just need to be completely sure.

I've made gains and I've taken it the entire time I've been on finasteride, I actually started it several weeks before I took my first dose.