Dilema

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this post iS kinda of self centred but it's a huge weight on my shoulders and i'd appreciated any feedback/advice from anyone.

I'm working in a warehouse at the moment, the shifts are horrendous, the people there are nothing like me and i feel very depressed and isolated working there. I want to quit but fear i maybe unemployed for a very long time if i do (going off the current state of affairs in the UK) I have good English degree under my belt however. The people there bring me down, the job does and getting up so early in the morning, i just can't adjust too.

If the job was making you misreable would you quit or ride it out till somthing else comes along?

:dunno:

The Gardener

Reaction score
How much money do you have saved? Could you afford to live without an income for an extended period until you found a job that better suits you?

ali777

Reaction score
TBH, it's for you to decide. I'd personally ride it out until something better comes along. However, if it's so bad, it may not be worth it at all...

If you are on the minimum wage, you might be better off claiming the benefits.

If I was 21-23yo with an English degree, I would have considered teaching English in the Far East or something.

Sean68

Reaction score
the job market isnt that bad! if youve got a degree just look for something else while youre working or if theres some agency vacancies. if you really want a better job its not hard to find one given time.

ali777

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
the job market isnt that bad!

Some sectors are worse than others, but the overall job market isn't as bad as the media make it to be. I talked to someone today, and he was telling me his company already reached 90% of their projected winter sales. It just goes to show you that despite all the gloomy stories, life actually goes on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Keep working and keep looking for something better. Go to an agency they can probably get you a similar job immeadiatley (if its your workmates getting you down).

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jack23- said:
Dilema
I know this post iS kinda of self centred...
I want to quit but fear i maybe unemployed...
If the job was making you misreable...

You say you have an English degree? :)

HughJass

Reaction score
Jack23- said:
I have good English degree under my belt however.

:mrgreen:

If the job was making you misreable would you quit or ride it out till somthing else comes along?

I've quit every job that has made me miserable. And the ones that didn't.

You mentioned fear. I bet it's the only thing keep you in that job. Fear of being poor, fear of being judged if you leave, fear of not finding another job etc The experience of fear is far, far worse than the experience of being poor, so really the only problem here is fear.

Time to throw caution to the wind, face your fear and quit that sucker.

It's time to start enjoying the sleep-in's, unemployment benefits and discounted entry into various places thanks to you're new found status in society. Now you'll have more time to do important things like visit libraries, museums, spend time with friends, enjoy nature and learn how to live a fear-free life.

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
Forgot about this thread. Think I was on a bad high when I posted it :woot:

Anyways, I quit the stinking job. Now unemployed searching for another. I can't spell either I know. Somehow got a 2.1 though :woot:

Smoky Vertigo

Reaction score
If you are a young guy without any real responsibilities, quit your job and move to the Caribbean. I guarantee you won't regret your decision later in life. Work/Jobs will always be there.