Diffused thinning, 24 yr old, NW4

ace101

Reaction score
I'm 24 years old male. Here is my story.
I stared losing hair since I was 21, as far as i remember and i thought that its nothing to worry. At the age of 23 i finally decided to consult a tricologist. By that time i could see my scalp to a great extent in sunlight despite i had 3-4 inches long hair. My hair has thinned at the back and mid of the scalp. The doctor said i was on NW4.
Its very depressing and stressful to have lost 75% of my hair at this age.
My scalp is very oily and the weather at my place, bangalore (India), is also sort of warm and humid which adds to it.
I have been under treatment for hair loss since a year and a half. My doctor said I should not expect any increase in the density of hair but he said that with his 'Herbal' treatment I could keep the current density for at least 10 years. Initially the medecines which he gave controlled my hairfall. But later it increased and now atleast 30-40 hairs are falling everyday. And i can see more and more of my sclap.
So, in short, the medecines didnt work.
I cant tell you the names of the medecines because they didnt come with any logo or name printed on them. But the Doctor said they were some sort of plant extracts. It was a 1 and a half year course. So now I have been advised to stop those medecines.
Currently I am taking following medecines-medecines-
1. Flax seed powder- 3 tsp daily.
2. Wheatgerm powder 3 tsp daily.
3. Omega-3 fish oil capsule- 500mg- 2 capsules daily.
4. Follihair tablet. 2 tablet daily.

My doctor didnt prescribe me minoxidil because my scalp is too oily. Also he said no to finasteride because of my age and the side effects associated with it.
Photos-
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg8.jpg2014727204541-1-1.jpg

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are in India and have access to cheap generic medication such as Finasteride minoxidil dutasteride and ketoconazole which are proven treatments. Visit a proper dermatologist for eval or read up on these forums if you are suffering from male pattern baldness.

madboy46

Reaction score
Even im diffuse thinning..not started on finasteride..but will start for sure this year..im frm mumbai

fireboy99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to switch the doctor and start on BIG3.. Do you have any pics before starting the ****ty herbal treatment?
Also did you happen to ask him what are the ingredients of the medicine and what's the method in which medicine works?