Diffuse treatment recommendation (pics)

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Minoxidil- Is a Vasodilator which increases scalp circulation which stimulates hair growth.
Minoxidil doesn't work by this mechanism.

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
$tackz said:
finfighter said:
Minoxidil- Is a Vasodilator which increases scalp circulation which stimulates hair growth.
Minoxidil doesn't work by this mechanism.

Minoxidil's exact method of operation is currently unkown; there are different theories concerning it's exact method of operation, but the vasodilator theory is the most viable in my opinion. Minoxidil was originaly an oral Blood pressure medication, which lowered blood pressure through vasodilation, that is why many believe that Minoxidil works by increasing scalp circulation by it's action of vasodilation.

So your statement that, ''Minoxidil doesn't work by this mechanism'' is an opinion not a fact!
Nope.. Its fact.

I guess you could call your bold statement of 'minoxidil grows hair by improving scalp circulation' an opinion, but then your opinion would be blatantly wrong! :)

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Nuli said:
finfighter said:
Can you not read? There is also DHT based steroids that result in more muscle mass, but obviously the side effects on hair are more pronounced than test.

That is just stupid, if synthetic DHT steroids worked anywhere near as well as sythetic T steroids than they would be more prevelent, stating that hairloss is the only reason that they are not popular is assinine, for one thing DHT based steroids would not cause any hairloss in those who were not already predisposed to the male pattern baldness, additionally, T based steroids already accelerate male pattern baldness and that has not discouraged their use. Give me one example of a synthetic DHT based anabolic steroid, I bet you can't!

LOL this is too funny! Ok Mr.smartass, correct me on my grammer and spelling all you want, it makes you look very intelligent.

Also, again you have no idea what you're talking about, here's your example.:

Stanozolol (7?-Hydroxy-17-methyl- 5?-androstano[3,2-c]pyrazole) sold under the name "Winstrol" is in fact a "DHT based anabolic steroid".

"Winstrol is a steroid derived from the base structure of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is just testosterone which has been 5alpha-reduced, meaning it has had the c4-5 double bond removed by two hydrogen atoms. This is very interesting from a chemical/biological standpoint. Once this bond is removed, testosterone has become DHT, and DHT is the body’s most potent androgen. DHT has a slew of beneficial effects which are more pronounced than the hormone it’s created out of. DHT is able to increase androgen receptor proliferation for almost 24 full hours (1) DHT also has profound effects on the Central Nervous System (CNS), and this is why we often see profoundly increased aggression with athletes who are using DHT derivatives such as Masteron (which has a deceivingly low anabolic and androgenic rating). As an added benefit, DHT can not aromatize (convert via the aromatase enzyme) into estrogen. It’s also noteworthy that the injectable version of Winstrol is actually the same exact thing as the oral- it’s just micronized Stanozolol powder suspended in water (or sometimes oil)"

I THINK I SPELLED SOMTHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! finfighter help me out bro.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya not to sound like im picking a fight here, but DHT does play a role in making gains. Yes you can still make gains while on finasteride people are doing it all the time. However if your hardcore like myself (who has competed for Mr. VA) you will try to find other options before taking it. Thats only because im on another extreme level. Maby years down the road when i stop competing for titles i will start taking an oral DHT inhibitor.

Yes peoples T levels do increase while on finasteride, but thats only to counter the lower DHT (which DHT is more potent) The reason bodybuilders need all the anabolic hormones as possible because before show-time we try to cut down to less than 5% bodyfat. If i stopped all competition and just worked out for my own personal goals i probably wouldnt make a big deal out of it either.

Also as one poster said, make a choice......hair or muscles. Every guy is differnt in what they choose. Personally id just choose muscle and break out the shaver, but im biased.

JWM

Reaction score
DarkVictory

With all the gear bodybuilders use, I can seldom remember seeing any with hair loss issues. Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates, Gunter Shleir...uh..you know who I mean, etc. they all seem to have mops. Nasser El Sombaty from back in the day was the only one I can recall having a clear receding issue.

Just lucky?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
DarkVictory

With all the gear bodybuilders use, I can seldom remember seeing any with hair loss issues. Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates, Gunter Shleir...uh..you know who I mean, etc. they all seem to have mops. Nasser El Sombaty from back in the day was the only one I can recall having a clear receding issue.

Just lucky?

These people most likely don't have the male pattern baldness gene, you just don't go bald from using steroids. If you do have gene however, steroids can dramatically increase the onset of male pattern baldness.

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
DarkVctry said:
Ya not to sound like im picking a fight here, but DHT does play a role in making gains. Yes you can still make gains while on finasteride people are doing it all the time. However if your hardcore like myself (who has competed for Mr. VA) you will try to find other options before taking it. Thats only because im on another extreme level. Maby years down the road when i stop competing for titles i will start taking an oral DHT inhibitor.

Yes peoples T levels do increase while on finasteride, but thats only to counter the lower DHT (which DHT is more potent) The reason bodybuilders need all the anabolic hormones as possible because before show-time we try to cut down to less than 5% bodyfat. If i stopped all competition and just worked out for my own personal goals i probably wouldnt make a big deal out of it either.

Also as one poster said, make a choice......hair or muscles. Every guy is differnt in what they choose. Personally id just choose muscle and break out the shaver, but im biased.

I have read that DHT is not used in skeletal muscle and is broken down once it gets there. Testosterone is actually much more important for muscle development and therefore finasteride would actually give you an advantage in bodybuilding.

I know a couple of body builders who pop 5 grams a day while they are juicing.

rcom440

Reaction score
moxsom said:
DarkVctry said:

I have read that DHT is not used in skeletal muscle and is broken down once it gets there. Testosterone is actually much more important for muscle development and therefore finasteride would actually give you an advantage in bodybuilding.

I was reading something different on bodybuilding websites. They try to stay away from finasteride. Some of them are pros.

Reaction score
DarkVctry said:

However some people in this forum are obsessed with hair. They would rather lose an arm and leg than hair. :)

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
moxsom said:
DarkVctry said:

I was reading something different on bodybuilding websites. They try to stay away from finasteride. Some of them are pros.

Well, from everything I have read they seem wrong. You see in skeletal muscle DHT is quickly deactivated by an enzyme called 3alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, forming 3a-diol.

Testosterone binds to androgen receptors in muscle at a much higher affinity.

Try reading this paper

Relative Binding Affinity of Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids: Comparison of the Binding to the Androgen Receptors in Skeletal Muscle and in Prostate, as well as to Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin*

TÖNU SAARTOK, ERIK DAHLBERG and JAN-ÅKE GUSTAFSSON

Endocrinology, 1984 Vol. 114, No. 6 2100-2106