Diffuse thinning

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Just from my experiences I know everyone alway says diffuse thinning sneaks up on you but the recovery also does. I noticed that on treatments it doesn't seem like you make any progress and then bam it seems as if you thickened back up over night and its good again. Thats what happened to me as I went the first 3 months of treatments with just very slight thickening and then in the 4th month bambo it seemed like I got all my hair back. I think what it is is you have a hard time seeing the new regrowth and most of the time it starts out thin until it grows out almost to 1" and above and then you really start to notice results.

Anyone else notice this??

kaner529

Reaction score
haha...It so funny because I noticed the same thing. I was diffusing all over, but the was a pattern apparant, as my crown was much thinner than any other part. That is still improving, but as for the rest of my hair, the improvement did indeed sneak up on me. I have been taking finasteride since Dec 05 and Rogaine since sept and the foam since nov. In the beginning of Nov, for the first time since i started my treatment, I noticed vast improvement. It was great and was definitely a great confidence booster

G

yep thats what happened with me. it's like over a one week span i gained a ton of hair although i know it took quite a bit longer.

DudeInNJ

Reaction score
Same happened to me. I was thinning and after 2 months on 5% rogaine foam, my wife says my hair is thicker than when I met her. Very dramatic improvement from Rogaine and it all sort of came to a tipping point at once.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
No jokes here, my hair has also thickened up.

When I do the mirror-to-mirror and check out my crown it seems like I'm not even balding anymore. My sister even said "omg have you grown hair back?" when she looked at my crown.

I think a lot of it has to do because of nizoral. When some of my hairs fall out now, the tips are still very thin but if I look half-way down and all the way to the root you can see the thickening up of the hair.

I started nizoral in January and finasteride/Foam 2.5months ago ish. I'm still on the regimen and don't even think about male pattern baldness anymore. I havn't been on this board for awhile either.

Well, time to go get drunk!!! :)

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny because I never realized I was a diffuse thinner until I started noticing my whole head of hair thickening up. The thinning was so bad in the front and crown that I never really thought I was thinning elsewhere. And you're right, you don't really notice until you grow your hair out. I was buzzing my head for about the first 10 months of treatment, then I decided to grow it out for a while and I was shocked at how thick it was. I was even getting comments from ppl saying how they wished they had hair as thick as mine. And to think, just a year ago people were telling me that I was going bald.

G

kalbo said:
It's funny because I never realized I was a diffuse thinner until I started noticing my whole head of hair thickening up. The thinning was so bad in the front and crown that I never really thought I was thinning elsewhere. And you're right, you don't really notice until you grow your hair out. I was buzzing my head for about the first 10 months of treatment, then I decided to grow it out for a while and I was shocked at how thick it was. I was even getting comments from ppl saying how they wished they had hair as thick as mine. And to think, just a year ago people were telling me that I was going bald.

i bet its mostly the minoxidil? damn i cant wait to start the sh*t. it's taking every ounce of control for me to not run out to wal-mart right now and buy a can of foam, cause it's open 24 hours

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
kalbo said:

i bet its mostly the minoxidil? d*** i cant wait to start the $#iT. it's taking every ounce of control for me to not run out to wal-mart right now and buy a can of foam, cause it's open 24 hours

Doooo iiiiiiit :p

It really isn't any trouble at all... well... the foam isn't at least. Don't bother with the liquid though, it's messy crap. I still have two bottles of liquid left to use but the foam is that much better I might just give them away.