diffuse thinning = something other than male pattern baldness?

binoculars

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
What the hell is this sex energy colour sh*t? You for real...

Well you asked for thoughts.

Hey Petchsky, I didn't mean to annoy you, sorry! :oops:

Do a basic search using google on how both sex energy and color energy can effect hair growth, there is stuff out there if you look.

Don't missunderstand me, there is a place for Nizoral and Rogaine, but I think when used in conjunctions with things like 'thermal thinking', focusing of energies and the receiving of different rays from the upper and lower atmosphere, things really start to look hopeful. Just using Nizoral and the colors Red, Orange and sometimes Pink I have slowed my shedding down considerably.

Binoculars

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
BostonHawk said:
ok I don't know about the wanking stuff, but I'm sure that when I'm stressed during a particular day of studying, more hair comes out.

The thing is.. the hair that you or I loose today is basically dead hair (hopefully to be replaced with new growth). Unless you have a problem other than male pattern baldness, you shouldn't be loosing actively growing hair - you should only be loosing hair from resting/dormant follicles. Stress certainly can aggravate shedding, this much is true but the stress you have today shouldn't make more hair fall out this evening. The average person loses between 50 - 100 hairs or so every day, no matter what they are doing.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
well.... it does. I'm trying to figure out if I have something other than male pattern baldness (the title of the post) :eek:

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
BostonHawk said:
well.... it does. I'm trying to figure out if I have something other than male pattern baldness (the title of the post) :eek:

Well, if you think you're loosing more than just dead hair and you are stressed out that bad then make your way to a doctor ASAP.

However, if you're just diffusely thinning on top - and not the back/sides, then it probably is normal male pattern baldness and the usual rules apply.

binoculars

Reaction score
BostonHawk said:

Hello BostonHawk

I was wondering if you don't think you have male pattern baldness, prehaps there is something wrong with you mind, no! I don't mean like that :lol:

what I mean is: as your mind (the 'so called' physical brain) is so close to your scalp, perhaps negative (or 'bad colored' you decide) energy is leaching upwards and destroying the root system of the actual human hair causing what would appear to be male pattern baldness, but is infact a color imbalance?

just an idea.

Stay focused

Binoculars

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what everyone on this forum told me.... "You have male pattern baldness." How do they know without examining me? That's a hell of a good question. Two dermatologists have told me I don't have male pattern baldness, but at the same 1 said I do.

My best advice for you is to find a good dermatologist in your area. Make some calls, find one that deals and possibly specializes in hair loss. Most of the dermatologists out there will tell you two things when you visit them about hair loss. 1) Use Rogaine, 2) Use Propecia. I quote Spencer Kobren from "The Bald Truth" in convo I HAD WITH HIM ON THE RADIO "most dermatologists don't know jack about hair loss."

There is a type of hair loss caused by stress and anxiety called Telogen Effluvium, but thats usually triggered by something like a major surgery, death in the family, crash diet, or severe emotional stress. Look it up...do some research on it...and find a good Dr.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
marksb11 said:
There is a type of hair loss caused by stress and anxiety called Telogen Effluvium, but thats usually triggered by something like a major surgery, death in the family, crash diet, or severe emotional stress. Look it up...do some research on it...and find a good Dr.

Yes, and even with Telogen Effluvium this is also a case where the "event" happens and then you actually loose your hair several months later. So, to be loosing hair immediately after something (within hours or days) verges on toxic shock or something. :!:

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, well on an annonomous webpage:
My dad died when I was around 11, I've been depressed ever since. I'm 22. I'm also in school, and I have big ambitions for life, but I have add, so every nights studying is a literal torture for me. I have to read paragraphs over and over and I'm severely stressed out. On top of this, I have poor luck with the ladies. So that just amplifies everything. Now having said that, I'm well educated and I wouldn't say I'm unattractive. However, I have a lot of very stressful factors in my life that could be Telogen Effluvium. I looked at the webpage, and "A close examination of the scalp may reveal a higher than expected number of short new hairs growing in." I have that, but they are all very fine. I think I may have that" a telogen effluvium can be the harbinger of the onset of Male Pattern Baldness or the initial event in a period of accelerated male pattern baldness. In these cases, which are fairly common, the hair also grows back, but the hair may be significantly finer and smaller, because the hair follicles affected have miniaturized by the male pattern baldness process." I am on minoxidil and propecia, but I want these hairs to get thick. Thin strawberry blonde hairs aren't very effective :cry:

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
BostonHawk said:
I'm trying to figure out if I have something other than male pattern baldness (the title of the post) :eek:

First off most dermatologists will tell you 98% off all hairloss in males is due to male pattern baldness. About the only thing I agree with Mark is to go see a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss if you think it's something else.
In the mean time look to see if hair loss runs in your family..Anywhere in your family, even the women. Never mind the age, that doesn't matter. It's not the most accurate way to judge if you have male pattern baldness but it will give you an idea.
Is it possible it's something else other than male pattern baldness? yes...Is it likely? NO.

I still remember when I first started losing my hair. I did the exact thing Mark has done. I thought it was my diet, or the supplements I was taking. I thought it was from hair dye, I thought maybe it was just temporary. I asked the guy who cut my hair (big mistake) then I went to a Dr. who said well it doesn't run in your family really, so it's probably not male pattern baldness.
He was wrong.
Coming to terms with my hair loss has been and still is a major battle at times.
Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on the subject of male pattern baldness. Yes there are other things that cause hairloss like a Telogen Effluvium. Telogen Effluvium's affect the whole scalp in most if not all cases so if your just noticeing loss on the top of your head that's most likely not the cause. Hope this helps.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
marksb11 said:
If you haven't noticed, a lot of people on this thread seem to link masturbation to hair loss, so I guess they all need psych help as well. And also, they're all losing hair too. I didn't say it would cause everyones hair to fall out..... everyone's body is different. Some of my high school buddys are horny as sh*t and rub one out 2-3 times a day and still have hair. Since I'm at college, I usually don't do it often (maybe 1 time a week) and I find when I do do it, a lot more hair falls out the next day.

Like BHD said, it's just a coincidence. Think about what you're saying. If masturbation is linked to hair loss, then nearly every guy would be bald because about 99% of all males that can jerk off or have sex on a regular basis at some point in their mature lives. The other 1% lie about it.

I don't know you, and have never met you. It's a remote possibility that you may not have male pattern baldness. However, it is my armchair psychologist opinion that you're in denial and need to come to terms with your male pattern baldness. It's OK, a lot of us went through denial. I have too.

G

my denial thing was just to ignore my thinning hair, and hope it would sort itself out (I did this for maybe 3 or 4 years) :freaked2: