Diffuse Thinning - Potential Alternative Treatments?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 22 currently on:

3x duta a week
7x finasteride a week
Nizoral 2% Keto - 2-3 times a week
Minoxidil - everyday

Even with the Nizoral i still get an itchy an inflammed scalp.
I'm diffuse thinning pretty bad and you can start to really see through my scalp.

Can anyone recommend any other potential alternative treatments for a diffuse thinner?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on all these treatments?
About 2 years for duta, finasteride and ket.
1 year now for minoxidil.

My hairlines not too bad. It's just you can see through my scalp lol.
So I imagine it's all going to go at once..

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would increase duta to 0.5mg/day, add Ru and drop finasteride. Did you check your DHT levels in a lab?

skinnywolfboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 31, and have been balding since my early 20's with a diffuse pattern.

My hairline is pretty much intact, but the center of my head is one giant diffuse bowl.

Now I never tried finasteride, or minoxidil, for fear of chemical castration (no offense to anyone) fear of the former, and just general not being a cure, collagen damaging effects of the second. I have used Nizoral shampoo and I think it did help in maintaining some of my hair but I can't be sure.

One thing I am sure is that (this is going to sound controversial to some) my most itchy and inflamed parts of my scalp (particularly the apex/crown), are the areas with the heaviest loss. My hair was an oily greasy dandruff ridden sh*t field in my teens no matter what shampoo I used and was always very frustrating. In my early 20's I started loosing large amounts of hair in the shower.

Over the years I've found a few things help with the itchy, dandruff ridden scalp. Dermarolling gets rid of dandruff straight up for almost a week, and applying castor oil and massaging it in for about 10-20 minutes (like a detumescence pinching/pressure) kind of mottion also greatly helps. I also supplement with Nizoral which I believe helps but alone is pretty useless for the itch and dandruff in my experience, but it does a good job of cleaning my scalp after all those castor oil applications.

Anyway I hope this helped somehow. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to her maybe, but I do really believe in the link between scalp inflammation/itchyness/dandruff and diffuse balding especially.

My brother is also not balding at all and he never had dandruff in his life.