• Yes after a long period of time above 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but i am above 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
THis anecdotal poll is to find out the genetic basis for male pattern baldness.

Aim:
to find out any pointers to the difference of the genetic makeup of diffuse thinners and classic receders

To find out if Diffuse thinning could lead to the classic Norwood receder

Definition of Diffuse thinning:
HAir which progressively minaturises or sheds faster than usual.Hairline somewhat still intact. Temples not counted

Definition of classic Norwood receder:
Hair which follws the classic Norwood pattern with hairline gone

Criteria:
Only those who have expereinced the situation and finished with it may vote. Situation has happened to you before or after 5 years since male pattern baldness started.

hoit

Reaction score
I've been diffuse thinning for at least 14 years and my hairline's probably receded probably 1.5 inches or so, with another inch back being thinner than the rest of what's left on top. No baldspot on the crown yet either although it's very close.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hoit said:
I've been diffuse thinning for at least 14 years and my hairline's probably receded probably 1.5 inches or so, with another inch back being thinner than the rest of what's left on top. No baldspot on the crown yet either although it's very close.

which is why i condcutd this poll. maybe diffuse thinners have minimal damage in the long run compared to the classic Norwood receders.

I am a diffuse thinner myself. it has been 3 -4 yrs already. hope it stays this way for a long time.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting poll you´ve made Chewbaca. I wish you can collect a lot of votes for a good statistic.

jeffsss

Reaction score
i've been noticablly diffuse thinning for less than a year. I think diffuse thinning is the worst type.

G

jeffsss said:
i've been noticablly diffuse thinning for less than a year. I think diffuse thinning is the worst type.

With diffuse thining, you can hide your male pattern baldness with concealers for many years.

With classic receading you can't hide sh*t.

I have been a diffuse thinner for 7 years, with a little receeding on right temple. Left temple still looks like a normal mature temple. Right one is a little fucked and can't hide.

I can still hide top and crown with toppik.

Unfortunately, I started doing something for my hair 4 months ago. I waited too much time. But better late than never. I hope to get results from my treatments. :(