Diffuse Thinning Is So Depressing. I Hate My Life

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m only 19 years old and I’m already fucked. Hair loss has completely taken over my life and it’s all I ever think about. It doesn’t help that my hair loss is diffused and I look f*****g sick. Every chance I get I look in the mirror and inspect my hair only to feel like sh*t afterwards. I feel like everyone my age is enjoying their youth and I’m at home depressed. Will things get better?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
As I've gotten older into my late twenties, I can say that so far, things have not gotten better at all. They've probably gotten worse. When you're older, you have the option to try to date older women and they are in fact a lot more picky about everything, including hair. They say that around age 35 you're fine so we just have to wait it out.

We'll always be hear to read any troubles that you have.

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
Welp that’s depressing to hear, but then again it was the answer I was expecting. It sucks that I basically won’t be able to live a “normal” life. f*** genetics man. I just hope that I will at least be able to maintain a hairline so my face can be framed smh.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welp that’s depressing to hear, but then again it was the answer I was expecting. It sucks that I basically won’t be able to live a “normal” life. f*** genetics man. I just hope that I will at least be able to maintain a hairline so my face can be framed smh.

Show me your scalp.

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not if you are that desperate.
I get it doesn’t make sense that I’m complaining yet not doing anything to stop it. I’ve just read so many bad things about the treatments we have right now that doesn’t make it worth it. I guess I really just made this post to vent since most of the time I keep my hair loss worries to myself. No one takes me seriously when I bring it up and they think I should just deal with it. (Easy for them to say)

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just read so many bad things about the treatments we have right now that doesn’t make it worth it. I guess I really just made this post to vent since most of the time I keep my hair loss worries to myself. No one takes me seriously when I bring it up and they think I should just deal with it. (Easy for them to say)

You should research more kiddo. We have good options right now.

I know your pain, i started losing hair around the same age.

better things will come, but for now i suggest you to go to a doctor and get the Propecia prescription ASAP

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also dont pay attention to parents, relatives, friends etc.

Most of them cant understand your anxiety and pain

Westerners we have been brain washed that baldness is not a disease or something that affects quality of life.

We are the living proof it can be soul devastating, especially for the younger ones

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also dont pay attention to parents, relatives, friends etc.

Most of them cant understand your anxiety and pain

Westerners we have been brain washed that baldness is not a disease or something that affects quality of life.

We are the living proof it can be soul devastating, especially for the younger ones
Thank you for understanding. It really feels like I’m going through this alone outside of this forum. I think I’ll look into propecia, I just hope their isn’t any long term side effects that’s what scares me the most.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for understanding. It really feels like I’m going through this alone outside of this forum. I think I’ll look into propecia, I just hope their isn’t any long term side effects that’s what scares me the most.

Propecia side effects exist but are often exaggerated, consider also minoxidil as you will have another angle to fight this crap.

Good luck and dont wait till its too late

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
*bump*
So I went out with my friends trying to be optimistic and get hair loss out of my head, and my friend literally sees a bald guy and says “eww bald guys are so gross.” Sigh....so much for clearing my mind, now I’m even more depressed

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
*bump*
So I went out with my friends trying to be optimistic and get hair loss out of my head, and my friend literally sees a bald guy and says “eww bald guys are so gross.” Sigh....so much for clearing my mind, now I’m even more depressed
I had a beautiful ex girlfriend 6 months ago (before I was balding, now I’m diffusing aggressively) who said her friends mom just got remarried to a BALD guy, how gross. Looking back to that moment I cringe so hard. Worst part is, she wants me back but hasn’t seen my bald spot on the back and I’m torturing myself over this.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Confused,

I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I started much later but the pain is always acute. I think if you're feeling this desperate you must get on meds. It's the best option we have today. For many people they really do work. Of course there are risks but you have to try. As per other threads, you will feel better for having done something. If you give it your best shot and it still doesn't work at least you'll know you did what was in your power to do. Check out @Somebody's thread. I'm now following his method. You need finasteride and min to have a chance in my opinion. I tried finasteride on its own and didn't see much change after two years. Since starting min this year, I'm seeing slow progress. I'm also derma-rolling which helps absorption. Hopeful that by the end of the year things will be looking better. You will feel better when you're at least fighting it and if you see progress that will give you hope.

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a beautiful ex girlfriend 6 months ago (before I was balding, now I’m diffusing aggressively) who said her friends mom just got remarried to a BALD guy, how gross. Looking back to that moment I cringe so hard. Worst part is, she wants me back but hasn’t seen my bald spot on the back and I’m torturing myself over this.
Wow that must’ve hit hard :/ it sucks knowing that something as simple as hair can make someone instantly “gross”

confused124

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Confused,

I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I started much later but the pain is always acute. I think if you're feeling this desperate you must get on meds. It's the best option we have today. For many people they really do work. Of course there are risks but you have to try. As per other threads, you will feel better for having done something. If you give it your best shot and it still doesn't work at least you'll know you did what was in your power to do. Check out @Somebody's thread. I'm now following his method. You need finasteride and min to have a chance in my opinion. I tried finasteride on its own and didn't see much change after two years. Since starting min this year, I'm seeing slow progress. I'm also derma-rolling which helps absorption. Hopeful that by the end of the year things will be looking better. You will feel better when you're at least fighting it and if you see progress that will give you hope.
I’m definitely going to get on some meds. They have to at least help me keep what I have right now. I’m literally praying lol

RickyH

My Regimen
Reaction score
They say that around age 35 you're fine so we just have to wait it out.

Don't you believe it. "They" is a damn liar.

Rampant gynocentrism has made it so that every woman is a princess, nay, a goddess who deserves (most toxic word in the modern female vocabulary by far) a 6 foot 5 space shuttle commander named Dirk who moonlights as a hedge fund manager and has the magical ability to shoot 2 month long yachting excursions to the Cayman Islands out of his 13 inch c***. Oh, and Dirk has the best f*****g head of hair you've ever seen...

These insane standards in their teens and twenties carry on well into their 40s and perhaps for life. I'm 36. I never really had to worry about visible hair loss (at least to anyone but me) until 3 years ago. I have tried everything, and I mean everything to combat it, nothing worked. All my hopes and thousands upon thousands of dollars down the drain. Rejection, disdain and pure dehumanization has ensued.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you believe it. "They" is a damn liar.

Rampant gynocentrism has made it so that every woman is a princess, nay, a goddess who deserves (most toxic word in the modern female vocabulary by far) a 6 foot 5 space shuttle commander named Dirk who moonlights as a hedge fund manager and has the magical ability to shoot 2 month long yachting excursions to the Cayman Islands out of his 13 inch c***. Oh, and Dirk has the best f*****g head of hair you've ever seen...

These insane standards in their teens and twenties carry on well into their 40s and perhaps for life. I'm 36. I never really had to worry about visible hair loss (at least to anyone but me) until 3 years ago. I have tried everything, and I mean everything to combat it, nothing worked. All my hopes and thousands upon thousands of dollars down the drain. Rejection, disdain and pure dehumanization has ensued.

That's honestly too optimistic. These days they want a polyamorous harem, and just men is usually not enough.

IsThereHope

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I've gotten older into my late twenties, I can say that so far, things have not gotten better at all. They've probably gotten worse. When you're older, you have the option to try to date older women and they are in fact a lot more picky about everything, including hair. They say that around age 35 you're fine so we just have to wait it out.

We'll always be hear to read any troubles that you have.
you mean unpicked whales or single moms in need of money... lots of variety for a freak.