Diffuse thinning and Rogaine Foam

faxman

Reaction score
Like many people I have used traditional rogaine but without much success.

Having read all the nice stories from people using the new Foam, I decided to give it a try but I have two problems with it :

1) I have a diffuse thinning so no real baldspots but little hair. This makes the process of applying the foam very difficult as most of it remains on the hair instead of going directly to the scalp, especially in the vertex area where it is difficult to apply the proper amount.

I did try to spray the foam directly on the hair, as suggested in another thread, but that's not easy...the proper dosage is hard to find out.

Any idea about how to solve this problem as rogain on hair has, of course, no effect ?

2) the rogaine booklet suggests to apply the foam on a dry scalp. But when the scalp is dry it is more than difficult to part hair. So this is what I do : I take my shower, use a towel to quickly dry hair but I don't wait 20 minutes.

Like this, it's not too difficult to part hair but, the scalp is not 100% dry. Maybe it's 80% dry only.

Do you thing the efficiency of the foam is still maximum doing so ?

thanks for your inputs.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Liquid might be your best option. I don't have experience with the foam.

Do not apply it to a wet scalp, you're increasing your chances of side effects with this method.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding... liquid is gonna be a thing of the past. It is blatantly obvious that cj has never used the foam, he need not even say it.

faxman I don't know how long your hair is but I do sometimes have the same prob as you since I have a bit of diffuse too. I make sure to part my hair as much as possible, put my fingers in the area and just RUB it in, some will get on the hair naturally but I just rub rub rub and most of it ends up on the scalp. It sounds like your trying to be too careful.

I really don't remember reading about any side effects with the foam on wet hair. I have actually done it on my hair both ways without a prob, but if it says dry hair then try what I said above.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem.. but last night tried a new teqnique, I lay on my back with a mirror and apply a generous amount of foam across my hairline and temples, the foam disintegrates into liquid as it makes contact with the scalp and begins to run, if you are lying down it just runs across the top of the scalp and barely touches the hair, you can then give it a little massage afterwards to distribute the liquid further if you need to. :)

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
im a diffuse thinner as well, and from wht im told

my hair is still fairly thick on top ...

my plan - and im a newbie - is to comb the hair back after showering, then part my hair (front to back) apply foam down the part, then repart my hair a 1/4 in towards the middle, repeat until i make my way across the top of my head ...

maybe go back and spot fill the temple areas when im done

any tips/advice?

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine foam does not run for me.. it melts right on contact with my scalp.

mbher the best advice i can give is to rub in the areas affected. part the hair in certain areas and rub in that whole spot, you will eventually get the whole section by parting and repeating.

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
I just put it on the ends of my fingers on both hands and rake it through like a comb