Diffuse Thinner (photos Inside), Fue Candidate ?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A combination of SMP and FUE/FUTcould make a buzz cut look really good in my opinion :)

Amd

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatintheworld yeah lighting plays a BIG deal, but i feel like i lost alot over the past few months maybe cuz of extreme stress / starting the BRAND Propecia. now i'm at the point where thinning is obvious in places that i didn't have in early 2017 or so. so meds could be working but i have to grow my hair long that it covers to a moderate degree at best, but without long hair it's baldness.

actually a Transplant doctor saw me in real life told me 2000 grafts is good, but the very first pics that i posted when i showed it to online doctors online they said 3500+ , it depends on real-life examination also but i'd like good density so i have the option of Buzz cut / long hair parted sideways which was the natural direction of my hair already. and the mohawk helps cuz it gathers all the LEFT hairs together in one lump hhhhhhh :D

@AnxiousAndy yh, SMP will suit a buzz and fortunately the buzz cut goes with me also cuz i have a beard ^_^!

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have great head shape and facial structure + beard to pull off the buzz/shaved look. To be honest I'm jealous because in your position I could just buzz it and move on.

You should wait until you can have a definite answer as to how the change in med is working. And relax, you look great. Having a transplant at this stage is not worth the risk of transplanting a diffuse thinner like you. But again, you can always have the option of transplant + potential SMP somewhere down the line.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buzz look is sh*t, hairloss is sh*t. Try dutasteride and see if you can manage to stabilize the loss then find a good surgeon.

Amd

My Regimen
Reaction score
@WMQ i'll wait a while for a few more months since i dunno if starting the brand propecia will have a beneficial effect now instead of the generic, also i'm tapering off my minoxidil consumption gradually, i'll be down to once per day cuz i'm sick of 2x a day without really pleasing results so the best i can maintain is minoxidil once and finasteride once, i can transplant on that a few months later.

@FutureSaitama i won't up my dosage for finasteride, i'm already on proscar which is 1.25mg for the quarter tablet. eventually a transplantation is the cure to baldness, all the other treatments are temp. sh*t LoL

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@WMQ i'll wait a while for a few more months since i dunno if starting the brand propecia will have a beneficial effect now instead of the generic, also i'm tapering off my minoxidil consumption gradually, i'll be down to once per day cuz i'm sick of 2x a day without really pleasing results so the best i can maintain is minoxidil once and finasteride once, i can transplant on that a few months later.

@FutureSaitama i won't up my dosage for finasteride, i'm already on proscar which is 1.25mg for the quarter tablet. eventually a transplantation is the cure to baldness, all the other treatments are temp. sh*t LoL
I didn't tell you to up your finasteride dosage, i told you to swap it with dutasteride which is a more potent 5AR inhibitor.

Drake013

My Regimen
Reaction score
the minoxidil and finasteride are obviously not working well. You have severe diffuse thinning, that extends almost half way down the BACK side of your head. 1) you will continue to lose more and 2) if you could harvest at MOST even 6,000 grafts, eventually you will look even balder than you do now. like myself... unfortunately you are fucked. I have a very similar pattern to you, and am almost as diffused. With ALL the research I've done, and the fact that finasteride doesn't work for me neither, I would NEVER get another transplant. it would be a death sentence for sure.

I AM NOT FEAR MONGERING. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.
Dude i don't mean to be disrespect but... you don't know if he can get a good coverage and I think is possible for him a hair transplant, right he's not the perfect candidate because of his age but definitely he can get something done.