diffuse thinner...need advice

nittny84

Reaction score
I am a diffuse thinner and my hair has been thinning out on the top for about two to three years....i originally had very thick hair on top and it is now noticeable i am thinning in bright lights

i have been on propecia and 5% minoxidil and folligen for scalp health for over 9 months....are there any products out there that are good for diffuse thinners more so than others??

I am thinking about upgrading to xandrox 15...does that stuff work? also i was also thinking about changing my regimen to add spironolactone 2%....i think i have maintained, but i have not regrown any hair and i need regrowth all over the top of my head...i caught my hairloss early enough that all my hair follicles are still alive on top!

let me know your thoughts everyone..thanks!!

The Gardener

Reaction score
You are going to get a lot of different opinions on this because there are several schools of thought as to how to kick-start diffuse thinning. The good news is that you are maintaining.

Personally, I would first recommend that you start using Nizoral shampoo if you are not already. Use it 3-4 times a week. But, the main addition I would suggest to you is to add in spironolactone 2%. I think it would compliment the DHT inhibition of the Propecia and as quoted by Dr Lee, it has a synergistic effect with the minoxidil. I think it would be a good fit, and the 2% comes in an alcohol-based solution which would not weigh down your already thin hair like the 5% cream solution would.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
consistency

nittny84,

are you using minoxidil consistently twice daily, 1 ml each application?

you have to use it consistently to be able to get any regrowth.

nittny84

Reaction score
I am using minoxidil 5% every single nite...but only once a day.

I am inclined to try Dr. Lee's Sprio 2% as Gardener suggested, because I hear good things about it....how does that get applied before or after minoxidil and how long before or after? Would it still be possible to apply folligen every other nite or so for scalp health? That would be three topicals on at nite, haha

I forgot to add that yes I do use nizoral, once every third day. T-gel and H&S on off days.

Also, do you think the spironolactone option is better than Xandrox 15?

Thanks for everybody's help!

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
once a day is not enough

I would say, once a day application is not enough...

it;s best you stay with the recommended 2 times a day application

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, do you think the spironolactone option is better than Xandrox 15?

I got the same question in my head friend! True is that only minoxidil 5% is proven cure and who know what will minoxidil 15% do on our heads. But if I find that I do not response to minoxidil 5% enough I would switch to 15% one.

But what is more effective as DHT inhibitor, azelaic acid or spironolactone? Nobody knows!?