Diffuse Thinner 36m - Too Late For Big 3?

robes99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 36, been slowly losing hair since my late teens. I've been fortunate because my hair is quite thick, so over the years I've been able to make it look ok with some concealer. Been losing lots in a diffuse pattern lately. It was always at the crown, but it's creeping towards the hairline now.

I've been on finasteride for the last 2 years, BUT, it's been a low dose of 0.50mg and I was really lazy and casual about taking my doses everyday. I would often skip some days, or just flat out forget to take it for several days in a row, etc. So it probably didn't help too much.

Anyways, I'm now on a strict regimen of 1mg of finasteride every single day, and I started rogaine foam last week 2x day, along with nizoral. The only reason I'm skeptical is my age. It seems like older guys don't seem to get good results compared to younger guys?

The pics I've attached are damp/wet hair that shows the diffuse pattern.

Attachments

• IMG_8542.jpg
    IMG_8542.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_8543(1).jpg
    IMG_8543(1).jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 343

Danny-kins

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've read, the threshold for "better results" seems to be closer to 40+, but even then there's plenty of success stories. So I'd think you can definitely see some positive results if you keep on routine!