Diffuse Crown hair transplant FUE examples

SeekingHelp

Reaction score
@macaronaroni I wish I had an answer for you but all I can say is that I'm in the same boat and trying to make the same decision myself. I am 33 yrs old and have thinning on the crown. Some people have advised me away from a hair transplant saying that the best outcome for me personally would be to look the same after the hair transplant as before since I do have some coverage, and I would lose that to shock loss if I had a hair transplant in that area.

I agree that it is tough to find examples of this exact case, as most people have transplants to either the front or all over due to MBP. I've been advised to "not worry becuase it's just my crown and people don't see it from the front" but it bothers me and if I can do a successful surgery then I'd like to.

I have found a few Drs that have told me they are confident in putting around 1000 grafts into my crown and not disrupting the hair that I still have remaining, but it's very hard to know if they are truthful or just want my business. The one Dr that I am seriously considering is an actual dermatologist and only does FUT. He claims there is currently no FUE tool that can get grafts as good as with the strip method (FUT). Like you I was initially only interested in FUE... but he claims that all the poking on the scalp is really bad for you and the strip method when done properly is much better.

Anyway hope some of that helps