Difficulty With Erection, Should I Be Worried?

Philomath1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’ve been taking finasteride for the past 2.5 weeks. The first week i noticed my libido shot up and actually was consistently masturbating at least twice a day for the entire week. However now, and this is a recent development, i noticed about 2 days ago or so, that I’m not having morning wood or spontaneous erections. I also cant seem to get hard without any stimulation. I can get an erection and maintain it if im masturbating. Is this most likely t a real side effect? And if so, should I stick with finasteride and hope that my body adjusts to this recent hormonal change? I honestly do not want to give up finasteride and go bald (im a Norwood 1.5 approaching 2) as the thought of such brings about EXTREME anxiety for me.

Maxihair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the long-term effects. It's mostly sexual dysfunction that is cited as the long-term effect of finasteride and even that is controversial - sexual dysfunction is of course extremely open to the "power of suggestion."
I've also read posts by guys who claim they were on finasteride for five years and then suddenly overnight became impotent. They're adamant it was the finasteride that did it, but many things cause impotence as men get older, and IMO it's overwhelmingly likely that those guys' impotence has another cause.
I can't help with your specific request, but if you're worried about it, stop taking it and I can pretty much guarantee you that the effects of the drug will disappear soon.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's most likely because you're thinking about side effects and not thinking about sex.